Any ideas on what this is.

Moderator: Mods

Coastal-Birds

Any ideas on what this is.

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Original thought cinnamon green SL Edged but with closer inspection it is not SL Edged. Flights are basically clear yellow.
Feather shafts are all pretty white beside tails shafts are brown.
Attachments
DSCF0041 [1024x768].JPG
DSCF0042 [1024x768].JPG
DSCF0040 [1024x768].JPG
DSCF0039 [1024x768].JPG
DSCF0038 [1024x768].JPG
3 [1024x768].jpg
Coastal-Birds

Re: Any ideas on what this is.

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi Madas,long time since ive chatted to you or anyone on here.
Your link takes me to the so called Fusi page and all of these birds have what look like are SL Edge.
My bird does not have these bleached wing feathers.
And if this is only a new mutation in Germany how can it be here in Australia ?
This cocks legring id says it was born in 2007.
madas

Post by madas »

Coastal-Birds wrote:Hi Madas,long time since ive chatted to you or anyone on here.
Your link takes me to the so called Fusi page and all of these birds have what look like are SL Edge.
My bird does not have these bleached wing feathers.
And if this is only a new mutation in Germany how can it be here in Australia ?
This cocks legring id says it was born in 2007.
Any background regarding the parents???

Please compare with the Fusi(df) green. I think the main flights match. Btw. until now we don't know if Fusi is a new mutation or not. This season the breeder breed a Fusi SL Edged male. So lets wait what he will get in two years out of this bird paired to a normal. If he gets at least one normal bird (male or female) we deal with two distinct mutations. If not then both are probably the same mutation or even alleles of the same locus. :)
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi Madas.
I dont know anyhting about the birds history.
I have asked people about the leg ring ID but nothing yet as to who this person is that bred it.
I paired him up today with a blue hen and within 5 minutes they were both displaying and the hen has also been into check the nest box out.
So this season i will see what is bred to determine if cinnamon,SL Edged is involved with this bird.
I am told that it is Martin that has these birds ,but a photo of the green one similar to mine with wing open would be good to see and see if bleaching is there also.
madas

Post by madas »

Coastal-Birds wrote: I am told that it is Martin that has these birds ,but a photo of the green one similar to mine with wing open would be good to see and see if bleaching is there also.
Nope. The breeder is Antonio Martins from Germany. I think he is on facbook if you use it.

madas
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Hi Todd,

Nice bird you got there.
It is a shame that little work has been put into edged, misty or cinnamon in the last 10 years by breeders.

My guess is probably a df edged cinnamon, most edged breeders paired edged x edged so a few DFs around the place.
Misty could also be in the mix and lastly and most improbable an edged opaline.

Please keep us updated with what you're going to get out of this pair.

Cheers
Ben
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi Ben
This bird has me stuffed,like long ago when we first contacted each other so about 7 yrs ago now i had alot of cinnamon,SL edged and Df edged birds all which i sold but none of them looked like this.
I though a cinnamon edged when i picked him up but with more study noticed not edged as the close photos show of wing.
I had brought him for yet another project next yr but now not knowing exaclty what he is i have paired him to a plain blue hen and basically soon as i put them in new cage they started displaying and the hen has been in box,fastest i have ever seen any of my ringnecks bond and start working together lol.
But long as i get some young and will be trying to double clutch here then we will see what comes out in the nest.
If cinnamon hens and then some SL edged birds ( all edged if DF)well i know what he is.
But if no cinnamon hens and no edged birds well then im back to thinking to much again like normal.

ps. I spoke with John and hes seeing what he can find for me in those birds im after as i still need 2 cocks for next season.
BuksV

Post by BuksV »

http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/BuksV ... 2746076028

Hi Can some one please tell me what mutation this bird might be, i also have a green bird with yellow markings on. both are females and this one is 2010 green is 2006.

http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/BuksV ... 2746076028
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Hi BuksV,

Your birds do not resemble any known mutation that i'm aware of.

It could be that it is an acquired mutation however, more often than not it is related to nutrition, the the type of feed that you use, it could be a deficiency of some sort. Make sure you give them a complete feed inc. pellets, seeds, fruit & vegetables.

Did the birds have the patches on the back since young? or was it something that appeared later?
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
BuksV

Post by BuksV »

Hi, I bought both birds from different people, the green is in my avaries for about 14 months and the yellow on the back grew more with the mold. The silver bird i have about 2 months. None of my other birds have this markings.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Hi BuksV,

if the amount of yellow increase with each moult, it sounds like progressive pieds. It also sounds as if you might be from SA, so you could consider talking to Henry Ford, who has been working with progressives for many years.
BuksV

Post by BuksV »

Halo Johan
Yes i am from South Africa. Thank you . where or how do I get hold of Henry Ford.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Send me your contact details as a private message by clicking the PM button below my post and I'll forward you some contact details.

Also, as a new member, why don't you introduce yourself and tell us about your mutations? :D
BuksV

Post by BuksV »

Halo All
My name is Buks and I am From Sundra area near Springs South Africa, I started again with IRN end of last year.
I have collected 26 pairs of Ringnecks witch varies from Yelow to ADM.Pieds, Cleartails and Opalines.
and the colours vary from Green Cleartails to DF Violet cleartails and ADM.Pieds from green to Turq Mauve and Violet split for ADM.Pieds.
I really enjoy my birds alot.
This is a great site to meet and get more info about these wonderfull birds.
Regards
Buks
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Hi BuksV

Welcome to the forum.
Nice collection of IRNs !

Let us know once you find out more from Johan's contact regarding these birds you have if they are Progressive Pieds etc.
I hope you paired them up to breed this season.

Ben
I'm an Explorer
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Buks hi. Welcome to the forum..
More importantly welcome to the hobby. My own advice to anyone who would begin by acquiring stock..
1. Buy from a breeder of good repute.This must always be after you satisfied yourself that the breeder has clean stock.
2. Buy birds tested and certified free of pbfd and polyoma virus.
3. Ensure you have a return policy agreed between seller and yourself.
4. Ensure you have a quarantine block for all new arrivals.
5. Ensure you have test kits in stock as a matter of course and that you re-test every bird on arrival.

Most importantly you must always err on the side of caution when it comes to birds developing pied like feathers,and immediately quarantine these and treat as if these are sick.Immediately have these birds tested and only returned to your breeding programme once cleared of any suspected feather virus.
IMO these birds need to be quarantined if they have not been certified free by seller and by you. Follow this by immediately testing them.
all the best for the current breeding season. Please let us know how these birds test.

ps I have a policy that every new arrival at home is treated as positive until I have tested the bird myself too. This is based on the frightening number of diseased birds being sold by breeders.
BuksV

Post by BuksV »

hi Guys
Thank you for the welcome.
I did take the birds to DR Kingsley to check with my african grey pair that i bought and mmm ja the female he told me is over 50 years old but would still be able to breed for another 3 to 4 years. I was a bit disappointed but this morning i checked and the grey was sitting on an egg. The IRN's is ready and settled and i have 14 eggs so far. I was also lucky in the birds i bought from Parys, (Robert) showed me i had a S.A Deep blue female as well as a SL Edge female.
They are also both on eggs.
Buks
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

BuksV wrote:I have collected 26 pairs of Ringnecks witch varies from Yelow to ADM.Pieds, Cleartails and Opalines.
and the colours vary from Green Cleartails to DF Violet cleartails and ADM.Pieds from green to Turq Mauve and Violet split for ADM.Pieds.
Those are some really nice birds! :mrgreen:
BuksV

Post by BuksV »

Halo Guys
once again I would like some help please.
I bought a lot of birds from a gentleman who never kept record he bought birds because they were defferent.
This pair I was told by him is a DF Misty blue male and the hen a SL advocado.
what puzzeled me more is the chicks from this pair was three different colours.
the male.
the female
the chicks
will try to get a picture from the female from the back
mm sorry the best pic i could get .