Finding the right breeder

Moderator: Mods

LadyFlamingo

Finding the right breeder

Post by LadyFlamingo »

I need help finding a good breeder. I am accustomed to CFA and AKC rules and regulations, but I'm a bit uneducated with bird standards and lingo.

I want a great breeder that is not into the whole mass production thing. I want someone who actually cares about his/her birds. KWIM? Also, I have read about close-banding and wanted to know your thoughts.

Anyways...I found these two folks and would like to know your thoughts. I'm in FL so, that is why I started here.

http://www.pawsandfeathers.net/ringneck.html
http://www.averillfarms.com/home.htm

Thanks for your help!
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

Mik is in FL so maby she can help you whit that :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Hey Hun:

I am in Tampa and all here can attest to how well my Baby looks. He is very healthy and my best friend. He is a great boy with an awesome personality.

I love her breeder, without him I would have no access to health care for her. He stands by his birds and customers. To this day (15months?) he has groomed (wings and nails) Baby for free... just to get to see him.

If you can make the trip to Tampa, you are quaranteed a great bird from a great breeder, at a great price... or my name isnt Mikaela :D

I want to say he charges 120 but I really have no idea where Im getting that number, may not be that much for an irn.

He has grays right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
~ Mikaela Sky

darkcloudchild

Post by darkcloudchild »

George? I want to say his name is...with Paws and Feathers drops by here on these boards on occassion. I've rummaged through his website a few times, and I really like what I see there. If I didn't live clear across the country, I'd buy my next bird from his family. They have been in the business for awhile, and know what they are doing. More than anything, they care about the birds and how they're taken care of and raised.

That's all my opinion though.

I'm not sure on the other site you listed. I haven't had time to look into it, so at the moment my opinion is one-sided.
Rena