Sleeping noises

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

ArletaT

Sleeping noises

Post by ArletaT »

My IRN Coral makes the cutest noises while she naps!!! Love listening to her! She has her head buried in her wings at the back and just softly purrs and squeaks... So cute. She's brand new to us, only 1 week... I hope she's not crying??? :o There is so much I still don't know about her.
Arleta

---------
Turquoise IRN, Coral
hatched, 4/7/2014
AJPeter

Re: Sleeping noises

Post by AJPeter »

Read as many post as you can.
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

Crying is not likely. My IRN and lovebirds often talk themselves to sleep. It is also possible your IRN is exercising the vocal folds that are needed to make sounds - including speech. How old is she? Were you told if she talks?
Mary
Wessel Gordon

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Arleta,

I have a flock of 6 IRN's and while it doesn't happen every single night some of them do make some noise while sleeping. It's mostly just their beaks rubbing together creating a little clattering or grating sound which from what I've experienced and read on this forums is the sign of a contended bird. One of my males if something disturbs his sleep will wake up with a sleepy "huh?" and go right back to sleeping a few seconds later.

So don't worry too much about it.

Regards,

Wessel