An Unfortunate Event with my Keyboard

Moderator: Mods

Donovan

An Unfortunate Event with my Keyboard

Post by Donovan »

I went fishing last night... left the birds out... when I came home one of them had almost completely dismantled my keyboard... keys were lying everywhere...

good times..

I got the keyboard put back together, all except for the BACKSPACE key.. wow, I never knew how many typos I had until I had trouble fixing them.

Anyway. Tonight I found it in a weird place and finally got it back on the keyboard where it belongs. I leave the room, come back, and he has taken another key and is sitting up on a perch playing with it like a foot toy..

I've decided not to take it from him or acknowledge that he's taken it at all. I want that to be the most boring toy ever.
I suspect that if i take it from him and return it to its place on the keyboard that he'll think it's a great new game.

So instead I'll wait until he drops it a couple of times to get it back...
ellieelectrons

Re: An Unfortunate Event with my Keyboard

Post by ellieelectrons »

I've got a couple of keys missing from the iPad keyboard we bought. At least they're not keys I use regularly. Never found the keys and I'm not totally sure when they did it.

You're brave leaving your birds out whilst you're not home. I would like to do it but I won't. I'd be too scared they'd start chewing electrical cables and hurt themselves.

Ellie.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Aw, poor guy! Surely you can spare that #$%^&* CAPSLOCK key :!:
-MissK
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie has chewed the tops off the keys on my phone now l have no idea what the keys do, but to stop her attacking the Tv remote l turned it over, can you turn computer keyboard over?

I leave Billie out when l go shopping or go some where else, mostly she justs sits on her cage but last year when she was looking for a nest site she did explore, but she is scared of going on the floor. Early on l put a brightly coloured strap on her cage she had kittens, l think she thought it was a snake. The strap thought she was a cat and had kittens too.
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

you should see my keyboard now... he can be in a dead sleep and if i leave the room for 20 seconds.. i come back and he has pried at least 2 keys up and then he flies off with one.... .. i'm currently missing 6 keys that have just disappeared.. luckily they're not critical...

i'm keeping a towel around now to lay over the keys before i walk away
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

I'm surprised one of the specialty parrot stores hasn't cottoned on to selling replacement keys, it's a common enough issue :lol:
puppypundit

Post by puppypundit »

Here was the solution that I came up with for keyboard pillaging:

Click here to see how Berry redirects her need to destroy keyboards!
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Very cute :)
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

I bought a new keyboard yesterday. This one is wireless so i just hide it when i leave.
I gave mr bell the old one. Should have seen how possessive he got once he realized he finally had permission. He had puffy head and would lunge if i got too close to it haha. MINE!

So he spent about 2 hours prying up keys and guarding his new trophy.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

puppypundit wrote:Here was the solution that I came up with for keyboard pillaging:

Click here to see how Berry redirects her need to destroy keyboards!
Great idea! Go Berry! :D
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

keyboards are getting expensive...

i finally found one that he can't pry up the keys...

WRONG!!!!

It took him about a minute to figure out how to pry up the new keys... i'm gonna get a metal keyboard and solder the damn keys onto it