Hi, my name is Nacho and I have a problem....

Moderator: Mods

Are you a Indian RingNeck Addict?

Yes, and I have cured my addiction through adopting one of my own!
89%
Yes, and I can't wait to get mine!
7%
No, crazy people, get off my forums!!!
4%

Total votes: 28

nachorevolution

Hi, my name is Nacho and I have a problem....

Post by nachorevolution »

It turns out me and my wife are in love with Indian RingNecks. We realize there is no cure other than to succumb to this fact and buy ourselves a little green parrot of our own.

We are in Utah and don't know if there are any good breeders out here that we can buy from, or if there are any specific things to look for (or avoid) in adopting a new IRN. Any advice is much appreciated!!

Thanks.
julie

Post by julie »

hello and welcome aboard.i am in australia so im not too sure about breeders where you are.when i pick my babies i try to get the ones that come up to me and look like they are relativly friendly.sometimes it takes a little bit of work to get them really tame but it pays off in the end.i will try to find some breeder info around your area for you.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Hi and welcome. We all have a problem of sorts here...we addicts of IRNs. You're among friends here :wink:

Dani
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

8) You're from Utah? I'm sorry! (That's a joke) LOL Did you ever find a bird? You might have to take a little road trip to find a nice one you really love.
Gort, Klaatu Barada Nikto
bec

Post by bec »

there isnt a voting thing for my situation!!!!
i have four adults! 2 juveniles and as of yesterday 2 babies plus i have 4 cockatiels 4 bugdies & a scaly breasted lorikeet my choice option would be I HAVE MBS ( multiple bird syndrome & im not looking for a cure
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome to the little community nachorevolution. :)

I am in Australia to! :D :D

Look for healthy, happy, well cared for birds. If possible check the breeders bird living conditions and how they handle look after their birds etc.
Ask what they are fed and look at the cages, water & feed bowls conditions.
If the birds looks sick, dirty or uncared for, I would hesitate buying one from them.

Ask alot of questions not matter how silly you may think they are. After all it's going to be YOUR bird in the end.

Handle them and see if any bond to you as well as you to them. You both need to be compatible :lol: :lol:

Last but not least, enjoy your new family member!!
jmmercer

Re: Hi, my name is Nacho and I have a problem....

Post by jmmercer »

Deborah, or the bird lady as she's called online, is an awesome breeder. She's in Texas. We had our bird shipped to Wisconsin and she arrived safe and sound. I would reccommend her. :) I found her on bird breeders dot com. :)