IRN Baby Closes Eye More Than Other/Sleeping Habits?

Moderator: Mods

Amandeep15

IRN Baby Closes Eye More Than Other/Sleeping Habits?

Post by Amandeep15 »

Hi I have an Indian RIngneck baby who is now 9 weeks old. We got him just last sunday. But yesterday and today, we have noticed odd behaviour. He now always closes his right eye, much more than his left. A majority of the time, we see him closing his right eye, but his left eye remains open. Could this occur because he wants sleep? Ever since we got him, our IRN has been sleeping a lot, and he likes to sleep in the day as well. We don't use any perfumes or anything on his cage. We try to take good care of him by letting him out and talking to him. However, we don't let him fly too much as he is still young. His cage is near our living room so he does not feel alone. Regarding the eye situation, I heard that he could have an infection, but it is so hard to believe for me as we have only had him for a week. Has anyone had similar experiences? Any tips and advice? We are planning a trip to the vet tommorow.
Wessel Gordon

Re: IRN Baby Closes Eye More Than Other/Sleeping Habits?

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Your best option is to take him/her to the vet just to make sure everything is fine. And if you want and it's an avian vet you can have the bird sexed at the same time so you know if you have a male or female.