shaking and scared..?

Moderator: Mods

xxsalxx786

shaking and scared..?

Post by xxsalxx786 »

I just bought another Indian ringneck and its my favorite color :D
This Indian ringneck is not tamed or really trained. He's shaking all the time. When I put my hands near him he freaks out and starts running away but he will eat from my fingers but he won't go to the bottom of the cage to drink or eat his food. I'm started to think either it wasn't taught properly to eat. I also have another problem. I have another irn and its a bit older and as soon as I put them near each other to play but they fight and growl at each other. Blue irn is female and green is unsexed (most likely female). The blue Indian ringneck doesn't go to the bottom of the cage to eat at all. Please help
sanjays mummi

Re: shaking and scared..?

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay Never eats from the bottom of his cage, wild horses couldn't drag him there, he likes suspended food a la naturelle, and bowls set half way up his cage. He was aviary bred, parent raised, and has never been clipped. Yes, he was scared witless when he came, So I left well alone, only doing the absolute necessary for the first week or so, but sat beside his nursery cage talking and singing nursery rhymes to him. Your other bird is bound to attack this "trespasser"!, keep the cages near each other, but personally I wouldn't let them out at the same time.
MissK

Re: shaking and scared..?

Post by MissK »

I agree - move the water and food higher. Also put a visual barrier between the two birds. Nobody needs to live in fear and negative excitement.
-MissK