Riki

Moderator: Mods

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Riki

Post by kyria »

Here are the only pics I could get so far of Riki my daughters new Kakariki .. He is just adorable.. so light .. so soft (like satin) and he kind of hovers when he flies.

He hops really fast just like the little wild blackbirds outside and is very investigative.

My daughter has him in her room until he passes the all clear and can mingle. Apparently they are very social birds and love human contact and get along with other birds superbly especially cockatiels and lovebirds.

I tell ya.. he is a garbage guts, he eats anything and everything and eats all day long.. I took the bowl away from him and he scratches and eats the husks and bits of fruit and veg left over. I read up on them and apparently they eat just about anything. So I wonder if its right to let him graze like that all day long. I am just affraid he will get fat and unhealthy. I'll have to do some more research.

yep he is missing a claw on one foot. I am so glad I have him home here with us.

Oh and my lovie Jasper (he gets Jazzy all the time now). He is such an escape artist. He is way too clever for me and ever so damn cheeky.. He has been impossible to keep contained and has ended up finding his way into the bird room.. where I found him inside kai's cage, enjoying the mansion. If only I could have gotten a picture of tiny jazzy inside kai's huge cage, sitting on a fat perch.. lmao .. what a treasure this little baby is.
Last edited by kyria on Thu May 25, 2006 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

OMG beautiful... fat little fella -giggle-
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

yep I just edited my post to add how much he eats.. lol .. of course thats a pic of him fluffed up and at his fattest. How am I going to fit him into my signature.. lol
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

omg what a sweetie!
~the stubborn one~
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

what a cutie! Pugdy little thing...