My indian ringnecks tails have gone

Moderator: Mods

jamie214

My indian ringnecks tails have gone

Post by jamie214 »

Hi i have two indian ringnecks that are both about 16 weeks ive had them since they were 12 weeks and when i got them there tails were missing completely the breeder i got them off said theyll grow back . But ive had them 4 or 5 weeks and im not seeing any growth. Can some one help ? Thanks
AJPeter

Re: my indian ringnecks tails have gone

Post by AJPeter »

You may have to wait until they moult, make sure they get plenty of cuttle fish bone.
ellieelectrons

Re: My indian ringnecks tails have gone

Post by ellieelectrons »

I've moved this to the breeding section hoping a breeder can help you.

Ellie.
clawnz

Post by clawnz »

As long as they have been pulled out completely then you should see new ones growing in very soon.
On the other hand if they have been broken, then these may not be dropped until they go into a molt which I think should be around 6 to 8mths old.
This can depend on health and diet. So I would be researching what to fed them, and when they do start to molt look at boosting calcium and protein. Over what is accepted as a normal level.
jamie214

Post by jamie214 »

Hey guys thanks for the help . Ive noticed a couple of thin feathers coming through :) so happy. Just another question ive noticed a few feathers on there chest are missing and under there beaks . Do you think this is because there still young and the feathers havent developed properly? Thanks
Jayjess2013

Post by Jayjess2013 »

my bird jess had this problem for 10 months
Jay, jess and 4 mischevious Budgerigars