Double factor violetblue Mauve

Moderator: Mods

mallee_1

Double factor violetblue Mauve

Post by mallee_1 »

Has anyone breed Double factor violetblue Mauves?

Do shoot me down if I have the wording around the wrong way, is there a correct way to start the naming of a mutation like this, ie the violet before the mauve or the other way around?

If anyone has could they share a picture with us, I am guessing a very dark greyish/steel blue coloured bird.

Regards Glenn
sheyd

Re: Double factor violetblue Mauve

Post by sheyd »

I would think only a handful would exist. dfViolet, dfDark Blue (dfViolet Mauve)

I think Johan's attempting this for this season? I imagine it would look much like the sfViolet Mauve
mallee_1

Post by mallee_1 »

Sheyd,

I thought that would be the case.

I have a pair set up which I believe are both df violetbluecobalts, one I breed and another I bought as a violetcobalt but it is too dark and rich in colour for a df violetblue.

Time will tell, both very compatible and currently working the box.
madas

Post by madas »

mallee_1 wrote:Sheyd,

I thought that would be the case.

I have a pair set up which I believe are both df violetbluecobalts, one I breed and another I bought as a violetcobalt but it is too dark and rich in colour for a df violetblue.

Time will tell, both very compatible and currently working the box.
Do you have a pic of these df violet cobalts?
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

sheyd wrote:I would think only a handful would exist. dfViolet, dfDark Blue (dfViolet Mauve)

I think Johan's attempting this for this season? I imagine it would look much like the sfViolet Mauve
Hi Shey, it was one of the pairs I suggested to my dad, but the two birds were placed with different partners. There should be some mauve violet(sf) offspring, though, and maybe even one in edged.
gattman

Post by gattman »

Hi guys,
Good luck breeding a DF Violet mauve. I have bred 2 SF Violet Mauves together for the last 2 seasons and still haven't bred 1, so I hope you guys have better luck than me. I've got my fingers crossed for this season though, :wink:

Cheers
Martin
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

We have bred them the other way around, now have 3x violet(df) cobalts, but we won't be trying for mauve violet(df) this season.