Albino with caramel neck ring

Moderator: Mods

mallee_1

Albino with caramel neck ring

Post by mallee_1 »

Just going back in time to birds that where breed some time ago that I haven't seen around anymore and trying to work out there genetic make up.

Had a coversation with an old time breeder about albino cock birds displaying a caramel coloured neck ring that he breed some fifteen odd years ago. He couldn't work out where the neck ring was coming from and I was wondering if anyone knew the genetic make up to achieve this.

I do recall viewing the bird and it was unusal for and Albino bird.

Any help appreciated.

Regards Glenn
sheyd

Re: Albino with caramel neck ring

Post by sheyd »

Cinnamon or Misty have been known to produce 'coloured' neck rings in Albino cocks
madas

Post by madas »

mallee_1 wrote:Just going back in time to birds that where breed some time ago that I haven't seen around anymore and trying to work out there genetic make up.

Had a coversation with an old time breeder about albino cock birds displaying a caramel coloured neck ring that he breed some fifteen odd years ago. He couldn't work out where the neck ring was coming from and I was wondering if anyone knew the genetic make up to achieve this.

I do recall viewing the bird and it was unusal for and Albino bird.

Any help appreciated.

Regards Glenn
Are there any pics of these birds?

thx.
mallee_1

Post by mallee_1 »

Madas,

Unfortunatley this was some time ago and he has no pictures and I dont know of anyone with any. As I said I haven't seen another one around since then.

Thoughts I have it was cinnamon in the mix as it was at a point here in Aus that cinnamon was all the rage.
bennjamin

Post by bennjamin »

Hi Glenn, I have bred a number of these birds that acquire the caramel neck ring in the cocks back in the late 1990's. They were very attractive birds and like many things in the mutations of ringnecks not given much attention at the time. Fortunately I have a friend close by that still has one of these cocks, so I will endeavour to call in a get a pic for you later in the week.
madas

Post by madas »

bennjamin wrote:Hi Glenn, I have bred a number of these birds that acquire the caramel neck ring in the cocks back in the late 1990's. They were very attractive birds and like many things in the mutations of ringnecks not given much attention at the time. Fortunately I have a friend close by that still has one of these cocks, so I will endeavour to call in a get a pic for you later in the week.
This would be great. Thx in advance.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

sheyd wrote:Cinnamon or Misty have been known to produce 'coloured' neck rings in Albino cocks
Somebody has been paying attention... :D I agree with Shey.

First question about these albinos, do they have a sex-linked recessive inheritance? If there isn't 100% certainty, then we can add some more variables, otherwise I'm also thinking cinnamon (you'd find almost 100% offspring like the parents due to strong linkage), or misty (but you'd find an equal number of normal and 'different' albinos).

Looking forward to the pics, if possible bennjamin. :D