Hi Breeders,my birds wont eat, need a little help please :)

Moderator: Mods

blueice

Hi Breeders,my birds wont eat, need a little help please :)

Post by blueice »

Hi I'm Ryan. I'm from Trinidad In the Caribbean.
I bought 2 IRN's from a pet store, the pet store guy got it from a breeder. He said they were never hand feed, and taken from their mom's care. Both have different parents.
I named them Lemon and Lime. I introduced myself on the intro forum and i was guided to come to the breeders section for some help.
So after having a hard time understanding these IRN's i eventually got them to perch, and get to touch them, they are playing with each other, basically they are comfortable at my house.

I'm not sure of the ages, but i was told when i got them they both here 5.5 weeks, so now they would be 6.5 weeks.
I'm currently "trying" to feed them formula from the petstore, but they don't like it at all.
They are really happy with sun flower seeds, they are cracking them and eating them.
The green (lime) taking the formula, he simply bites the glove stays one place and i can put the syringe and inject the the formula at a good rate, so i know he is getting the nutrients (but m force feeding you can say, but not forcing).
The yellow (lemon), i can hold, comes on my hand my shoulder, really manageable, but doesn't open up to get the formula, he/she doenst want it at all!
I'm concerned letting them have sun flower seeds is not enough for them. I've tried leaving fruits, vegetables, pasta, everything ive read online, they wont touch it.

They are skinny and not like others i see on the net

Thanks, a lot of anyone's help
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (69.13 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (96.3 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (65.92 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (37.71 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
Ryan R.
BlueIce
Johan S

Re: Hi Breeders,my birds wont eat, need a little help please

Post by Johan S »

They look about 6.5 weeks to me, and at that stage they still need plenty of feeding for the next couple of weeks. They won't eat by themselves at this time. That's normal. I'm surprised they are eating sunflower already. Good luck! :)
blueice

Post by blueice »

Hi Johan,
Thanks for the input. the green I can feed really well, he just bites the gloves and everything goes down, the yellow, doesn't want it at all, she keeps her mouth shut, and even if i get formula in blocks her throat with her tongue, and pushes it out with her tongue.
Ryan R.
BlueIce
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

every time you feed the one try to feed the other...since they were parent reared they have an inbred fear for humans...
you must be gentle and patient in handling the other chick. it will realise you are the mom now...eventually
blueice

Post by blueice »

I'm trying and trying, really patient the yellow doesn't want any, the green is getting bigger I can see it. the yellow only take sunflower seeds once in awhile.
Ryan R.
BlueIce