Sleep Question

Moderator: Mods

surferdon

Sleep Question

Post by surferdon »

OK so i was watching a trick taining video that i got from Birdtricks.com ( which are wonderful and seem to work) it dawned on me. ON the Video they were showing you to make it seem like ur bird is going to sleep on demand. This is when i realized that my bird doesnot have a sleep position. My bird does not do the typical tuck the head backward under the wing. Is this Normal or should i try to cover his cage at night. My room is dark and he loves the sunrise and i dont want him to miss it? Thanks For your help folks!!
julie

Post by julie »

sometimes indie tucks his head behind his back but not always.our lorrikeet sleeps hanging on to the side of the cage.it just depends on the bird.
elaine

Post by elaine »

My Smokey has a specific spot in his cage that he sleeps in, and that has been his choosing. If he sleeps outside the cage sometimes he seems to sleep with his head on his back but other times he seems like he squats down even when on the highest perch of the playground. Makes him look like a stuffed soft toy actually. lol :D
julie

Post by julie »

indie also sleeps with one leg tucked up as well.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

My baby doesnt have a position and never sleeps tucked now that he is older unless he is only napping.

Rather, he has a specific spot. Always the same. ALWAYS. He just perches, sometimes with talon tucked, sometimes not, and allows his head to rest on his chest.

He only tucks if he is napping. Actually, I havent seen him tuck in a long time. Hrm.

I do not, nor do I recommend covering a ringnecks cage. If you feel compelled, please just do one side on the very top. NEVER the whole cage. They dont want it or need it.

Here is a thread discussing 'cage covering' so that you can make your decision based on experience.

http://www.indianringneck.com/board/vie ... highlight=
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

yep.. somtimes tucked sometimes not for our fids too.

Hey julie.. your lori should sleep laying in your arms like a baby, on his back or side, even stretched out flopped over your arm. I will have to get a proper vid of Leisa's baby when he is alseep on her. They don't have to perch to sleep like IRN's.

He loves to wrestle and play with Leisa, and have her blurt him on the belly. I wish I could load my 3gp vids from my Nokia onto dropshots, or learn how to convert them into wmv extentions, so I could show you.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

julie

Post by julie »

cookie is that hypo you wouldnt think he sleeps at all.when he is out he just jumps around everywhere my sister walked past the other day when he was on the top of the cage and cookie lined her up then jumped on her as she walked past.he also talks.i would really like to see vids and pics if you can.
surferdon

Post by surferdon »

MY dude does have a specific place that he likes to go its just wierd that i have never seen him sleep. (Although i am sure that dude does i just dont see it. but he never napps or shuts his eyes.)
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

Lou doesn't always tuck, he does have a certain spot in his cage, well ok two spots, but I've noticed he does tuck sometimes.
~the stubborn one~
Little_Bailey

Post by Little_Bailey »

I think it depends on baileys mood, he mostly sleeps on his perch with his leg up, but sometimes he sleeps hanging nearly upside down on the bars! or when its cold i put his lil tent in his cage and he sleeps in that! bye :)
Jade

Post by Jade »

My Chook sleeps in a folded curtain all puffed up with his head bent back tucked under his wing. But he LOVES sleeping inside things - like my shirt or under the bed covers or in my handbag or slipper.

Yellowy sleeps clinging to the bars of her cage, chuck and sunny sleep in their tent and Greeny and Frank sleep on their perches with heads tucked back.