Finding out Zuuls Mutation once and for all

Moderator: Mods

Tharoth

Finding out Zuuls Mutation once and for all

Post by Tharoth »

Hi All,

I've discussed this many times with many different people and I'm sadly still not completely sure what mutation my Ringneck Zuul is.

Everytime I post a photo of him on other sites someone comments how they haven't seen a mutation like him before, which is great I guess as he is beautiful but they then ask me what mutation it is and sadly I have no way of knowing as the breeder is no longer around.

I'm hoping I can once and for all get a definitive answer, although I'm not sure if this album will work as I'm a new member of the site.

Forgive the odd 'story' to the album, it's just the most recent and best variety of pictures I have of Zuul.

I was originally told by the breeder he is just a grey as he was grey when he first got feathers but over the 2 years(almost) he has changed significantly.

imgur.com/a/E4dw7

Any help would be much appreciated.
Donovan

Re: Finding out Zuuls Mutation once and for all

Post by Donovan »

wow, that's a neat looking bird! I hope someone answers this.. i'm curious myself although i'm sure the answer will be some lingo that's over my head.

love this one: Protector of the Land

Last edited by Donovan on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tharoth

Post by Tharoth »

Donovan wrote:wow, that's a neat looking bird! I hope someone answers this.. i'm curious myself although i'm sure the answer will be some lingo that's over my head.
haha, that's almost the problem, in the discussions I've had with people before it has come down to some lingo I didn't understand and hence have forgotten.

If I get a good answer this time I'm saving it to a file on my computer so I'll never forgot!
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Your bird is a male; Grey Cleartail (outdated term for cleartail: white head white tail)
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Tharoth

Post by Tharoth »

Ring0Neck wrote:Your bird is a male; Grey Cleartail (outdated term for cleartail: white head white tail)
That is fair simpler than what I have been told in the past! Thank you very much. =D
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

seems you were missed the best and most obvious place to look and ask.. indianringneck.com lol
Tharoth

Post by Tharoth »

Donovan wrote:seems you were missed the best and most obvious place to look and ask.. indianringneck.com lol
Yeah.....dunno why I never thought of it, I was searching so many random IRN sites and a post from here came up, glad I found it!

Thank you peoples!
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

I agree with grey cleartail as well. You have some more photos showing the back and tail?
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

Ring0Neck wrote:Your bird is a male; Grey Cleartail (outdated term for cleartail: white head white tail)
why in gencalc you can choose both, cleartail and clearhead or sepperated colors?
Greatings from Flanders, Belgium!!!

Lucas
Tharoth

Post by Tharoth »

Johan S wrote:I agree with grey cleartail as well. You have some more photos showing the back and tail?
This one is about a year old, as you can see his head was turning white: i.imgur.com/BnG2oUk.jpg

Here is some I just took, hard to get him to stand still with his back to me. imgur.com/a/ysJnm