Flight harness

Moderator: Mods

SunniDai

Flight harness

Post by SunniDai »

Look what came in the mail today!!!! WOO HOO!!!

No more flying into the neighbor's tall trees! Now to get her to wear it and like it *_*
~Dana

Donovan

Re: Flight harness

Post by Donovan »

I had considered getting one of those for mr bell but gave up on the idea because he never would have cooperated so it would have just been bad for both of us. Neko on the other hand is easily handled and even a bit submissive so I could probably get it to work for him.

I'd be interested in an update once you give it a try
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

Oh absolutely :)
It's going to be a long process. She is used to me scuffing her on the top of the head and rubbing her beak, but under the wings? Ya. That's going to take slow patience lol
~Dana

InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Two words for you: Sunflower Seeds :lol:
I'm just in the process of making a video of some of the training is been doing with Sapphire. I just want to caption some if the training errors that I noticed myself doing before I share it.
Definitely take your time, we tried cheating with Nila and had to completely restart from scratch. He's pretty good now, but he doesn't really like going outside. Wild birds have swooped him a couple times while he was on Daves shoulder.
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

Good to know. :)
Sunni used to go everywhere with me. She has missed it, I can tell. I will be taking my time with her.
~Dana

SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

We are most definitely NOT amused by the flight harness lol
After a few minutes, she stopped trying to eat it off and rode around on my shoulder quietly. I only left it on for less than five minutes. Didn't want to thoroughly dissuade her from ever wanting to have it on again. Then of course, afterward, there were the snuggles and the "Oh, you are so nice" and the treats. :)
All in all, not too shabby!
~Dana

danielgo__

Post by danielgo__ »

Have you had any luck with the harness? I've tried ever so hard to get my Loki to wear one but he just refuses to, nomatter how many sunflower seeds I give him haha. Any tips on how to get it to work?
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

Lots of patience and praise amd treats lol. She's only worn it four times. I'm not pushing her with it. If I touch her wings and she gets antsy we end it there and continue on through our day. If I am able to spread her wing without her getting antsy, she gets some scritches and a treat and praise and we slip it on with more praise and treats. Then off for a short walk and yet more praise and treats as we are taking it off. She's getting better about it.
I am by no means an expert though. Just another "parront" trying to do right by her fids :)
~Dana