How much formula is the maximum I can give at one feed?

Moderator: Mods

ErnieisAwesome

How much formula is the maximum I can give at one feed?

Post by ErnieisAwesome »

My baby IRN is about 7 weeks old . I was told to only feed him 12-14 ccs of formula . That's a syringe full and a little more . But he BEGS for more lately ! I don't want to over fed him but I don't want to starve him either ! Help !
SunniDai

Re: How much formula is the maximum I can give at one feed?

Post by SunniDai »

The breeder I got Sunni from showed me how her crop fills up as I fed her and told me not to overfill her crop. Do you know how to watch for that?
~Dana

ErnieisAwesome

Post by ErnieisAwesome »

SunniDai wrote:The breeder I got Sunni from showed me how her crop fills up as I fed her and told me not to overfill her crop. Do you know how to watch for that?
Well , he showed me how it gets bigger but did not show me what's too big .I'm scared to over do it . What will happen if I give her too much ? And thank you for responding right away . This bird means everything to me .
ErnieisAwesome

Post by ErnieisAwesome »

ErnieisAwesome wrote:My baby IRN is about 7 weeks old . I was told to only feed him 12-14 ccs of formula . That's a syringe full and a little more . But he BEGS for more lately ! I don't want to over fed him but I don't want to starve him either ! Help !
**update*** I found a great site that has good info on formula , crops and digestion !
lindy&rob

Post by lindy&rob »

ErnieisAwesome wrote: **update*** I found a great site that has good info on formula , crops and digestion !
so this great site is???