What are everyones Bird's Names?

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

RainbOasis

What are everyones Bird's Names?

Post by RainbOasis »

Hey, I notice alot of people who own IRN's can name them with quite unusual, unique and just downright cruel names. But then again there are also common names, like Oscar. or Skyler.
I tend to wonder; if we humans could understand and use in text, a birds language, would we be calling them by their natural language, or keep to using human names on them.

My first IRN's name was Trixie, why? well it always seemed like Trixie squawked whenever she wanted something, so she would squawk until she got fed fruit, or came out of the cage...The name Trixie to me, just strikes it's description as somebody who wants something...and they'll get it eventually.
My new bird's name is Vinyl. Someone online chose the name for it to be honest, but since Vinyl can be a male or female name, it didn't bother me none. Too bad Vinyl isn't Blue though, I just see the name Vinyl matching a blue mutation.

So what are everyone elses birds names?
SunniDai

Re: What are everyones Bird's Names?

Post by SunniDai »

Our Lutino is named Sunni Dai. Sunni, obviously , because of her color. Dai is welsh and it literally means "shines". Sunni "shines". Made sense lol
Oscar because when we rescued him he was quite the grouch. He is no longer called Oscar the Grouch , though. Just Oscar.
Luna, well, I am a Harry Potter fan and liked the name of "loony Luna" :)
Oliver....I have no idea how we came to that name. He just is Oliver. Our big old clumsy Indian who approaches life with gusto and no fear and he's still quite clumsy. But getting better.
Dana
~Dana

MissK

Post by MissK »

My Canaries were named out of the opera Carmen though, to be fair, the last one still here is yellow and I sometimes call him Duckie (as in Rubber....) as a pet name. My Ringneck, Rocky, came with that name and since he knows his name, I kept it. I named the Budgies out of Rocky Horror Picture Show, to go with Rocky..... The dogs are named after gemstones.
-MissK
eckythump

Post by eckythump »

my IRN is called pennie, my other half named it that because shes a fan of the big bang theory, summet else shes got wrong coz it is starting to look like pennie is a boy lol, the other IRN was called freddie who sadly passed 3 weeks after we got him, dont know why i picked that name and wish i hadnt now with 2 films that i shuda noticed ( nightmare on elm st freddy's dead and drop dead fred ) perhaps it was a cursed name. :(
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Mr Bell & Neko

Bell was a neutral name when I didn't know what sex he was. When his faint ring got darker he became Mr Bell.

And Neko is only a few months old but supposedly confirmed male
MissK

Post by MissK »

What about Fred Flintstone? Nothing but good karma there.
-MissK
G.SHAMBROOKE

Post by G.SHAMBROOKE »

When I first got my IRN it was a sky blue pastel type of color so I remember some French guy called Louie Pastel or something like that so I called the bird Louie Pastel, anyway with further investigation I find who the guy really is but I still call the bird Louie Pastel.
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

Louie Pastel is a great name :)
~Dana

cassurinajoan

Post by cassurinajoan »

My green IRN's name is Chipper. It wasn't chosen by me, but it is quite cute to hear him say Chip chip, which is was we usually call him. :D
Princess Yuz

Post by Princess Yuz »

I have a green indian ringneck called Jasper which isnt unqiue at all,but i think skyler is a beautiful name or dexter.
Wendiliu

Post by Wendiliu »

I recently purchased a 3 month old IRN. Her name is Cosette, because she is a gorgeous blue, and needed a pretty name. I have seen young IRN talk at an early are. Will my female talk?
Wendiliu

Post by Wendiliu »

I recently purchased a 3 month old IRN. Her name is Cosette, because she is a gorgeous blue, and needed a pretty name. she is my first
Waltertheringneck

Post by Waltertheringneck »

My little baby ringnecks name is Walter :D
RioRice

Post by RioRice »

My baby ringneck is Rio from the movie that my daughter picked....he's green not blue like the film one...but blue or yellow would b the next ringneck I get once Rio is talking and doing tricks lol....his surname is Rice which evedentally goes fab with Rio x :x
fixadix

Post by fixadix »

Hello, new here so learning to navigate. My Cinnamon Blue IRN is named Meytu, (may-too). It is quite close to the indian word for fruit. Most people think his name is " me too" which I think is the way you say fruit in Indian. Anyway, when I can figure out how to post a picture, I will. He will be six months old on Sept 15, 2016. I had him DNA tested as well.
Indie_Lutino

Post by Indie_Lutino »

Picking a bird's name when you don't know if it is a male or female is a bit tricky... My partner sent me a list of popular Indian boys names, because we were told it is likely a boy. Then I said...why not name it "Indie" it is after all an Indian Ringneck? Indie goes for both boys and girls... On a funny side note: I am an Indie Publisher. At least he or she has something in common with "mum". :D
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

My birds breeder lied, said my bird was definitely a DNA sexed male, so we named him "Sanjay", in time it became obvious "Sanjay" is female, so now she is just "Sweetie", or Ms Sanjay for the purposes of this forum.