screeching please help

Moderator: Mods

haylie

screeching please help

Post by haylie »

I know some ringnecks can be loud. I've done a lot of research and my baby indian ringneck won't dtop screeching. We can't figure out why. He's only about 7 weeks old. The others are quiet until he starts making a bunch of noise. And he does it nonstop.
AJPeter

Re: screeching please help

Post by AJPeter »

When my Alexandrin hen started screaming l joined in and screamed with her then l started to blow a whiste every time she screamed she soon stopped screaming but l do no think it was a good idea l think she wanted a mate.
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

Sunni is just under two now. She has one of the loudest voices that dig into your eardrum and burrow straight into the brain. When she starts up, I start whistling different whistles. That seems to help. But what she wants from me at that point is to have me interact with her. So I whistle her down to a calmer voice then I will go pick her up and carry her around with me.
She's a tad spoiled lol
Dana
~Dana

MissK

Post by MissK »

Rocky will make the really loud chirp over and over when he's wanting something. Usually his chow is not to taste or he wants out or I put him in the bedroom and walked out again. If I can divert him by making a contact call and setting him into a call and answer then I go and fix whatever he wanted. If he continues to chirp I may go by the cage and do something else that looks innocent, like tidy the room or water the plants or speak to the Budgies, but is designed to take his mind off the first thing so then I can get him calling and then accommodate him. I live in fear of accidentally accommodating the chirp and ensuring it never goes away. It's sweet first thing in the morning, but it has the potential to annoy.
-MissK