EmeraldBlue Ino

Moderator: Mods

Mikesringnecks

EmeraldBlue Ino

Post by Mikesringnecks »

Can anyone post photos of EmeraldBlue Ino and/or TurquoiseEmerald Ino? Its not a game or a test, I just want to know what they look like in comparison to Lutinos.
Kind regards
Mike
Ring0Neck

Re: EmeraldBlue Ino

Post by Ring0Neck »

Hi Mike,

I would like to see a recent pic as well.
The only pic i've seen is this

from
http://psittacula-world.com/EN/Mutations/P-krameri.htm
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Emerald is best displayed when the melanin is removed (in my opinion), so I find it hard to believe that there isn't more emerald inos around. Ok well, not that hard. People will usually throw their two most expensive mutations together in the hope of breeding something even more valuable. But still, it's a shame there aren't more emerald ino.
madas

Post by madas »

Johan S wrote:Emerald is best displayed when the melanin is removed (in my opinion), so I find it hard to believe that there isn't more emerald inos around. Ok well, not that hard. People will usually throw their two most expensive mutations together in the hope of breeding something even more valuable. But still, it's a shame there aren't more emerald ino.
Breeding an emerald ino would be the last thing i would try if i had this mutation in my aviaries. :( It's nothing more then a brighter lutino. And if you compare both a lutino looks much more better.

But must add: an emeraldTurq Ino could be worth a try. ;)

madas
Mikesringnecks

Post by Mikesringnecks »

Hi Ben
Thanks a lot for that, I guess it will worth a try in due course. I think I have seen df dominant pied emerald and it was different again.
Kind regards
Mike
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

madas wrote:
Johan S wrote:Emerald is best displayed when the melanin is removed (in my opinion), so I find it hard to believe that there isn't more emerald inos around. Ok well, not that hard. People will usually throw their two most expensive mutations together in the hope of breeding something even more valuable. But still, it's a shame there aren't more emerald ino.
Breeding an emerald ino would be the last thing i would try if i had this mutation in my aviaries. :( It's nothing more then a brighter lutino. And if you compare both a lutino looks much more better.

But must add: an emeraldTurq Ino could be worth a try. ;)

madas
Luckily, it takes all kinds to make the world, my friend. We don't all have to like the same thing. :wink: I find the soft yellow, almost pastelling effect, very pleasing to the eye. So I quite like the idea of an emerald ino. Add to that some contrast, and you get to something like an emerald grey harlequin, one of my favourite phenotypes. :mrgreen:
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Johan

I might be getting an emerald cinnamon edged hen, if not, at least i'll get some pics you might enjoy. :wink:
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
madas

Post by madas »

Johan S wrote:Add to that some contrast, and you get to something like an emerald grey harlequin, one of my favourite phenotypes. :mrgreen:
Now we are getting closer to one of my favorite emerald phenotypes. :D

Mikesringnecks

Post by Mikesringnecks »

Hi Madas
Now that really is beautiful to my eye.
Kind regards
Mike
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Ring0Neck wrote:Johan

I might be getting an emerald cinnamon edged hen, if not, at least i'll get some pics you might enjoy. :wink:
Now that would be a treat! :D
madas wrote:
Johan S wrote:Add to that some contrast, and you get to something like an emerald grey harlequin, one of my favourite phenotypes. :mrgreen:
Now we are getting closer to one of my favorite emerald phenotypes. :D

Now that is a stunner. :D And what makes that work esp. well is the specific morphotype of dom. pied that shows spangling. I simply love that. :mrgreen:
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Hi Mike,
If you do decide, in due course, to pursue breeding and TurqoiseEmerald ino I would suggest trying to at the very least aim for df TurquioseEmerald ino.

I did own a df Turquoise ino in the past and the depth of colour would rival any lutino. It was a nice deep yellow and very uniform coverage. Often mistaken by many as a lutino. I would expect that the addition of emerald might soften it a little, but never the less a very eye catching combination.
madas

Post by madas »

Kappa wrote: I would suggest trying to at the very least aim for df TurquioseEmerald ino.
Yeah but only possible if emerald isn't an allele of the blue locus. But for now it is. So only turqEmerald is possible. :D

madas
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Hi Madas,
You're right. :D Sometimes the imagination can work faster than the brain :lol:
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Kappa wrote:Hi Madas,
:lol:

been guilty of that at times too :lol:
I'm an Explorer
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Kappa wrote:Hi Madas,
+1 :lol:
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Pic of emerald edged (overcast/raining not the best pic) i'll have more pics taken next week

I'm an Explorer
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Ring0Neck wrote:Pic of emerald edged (overcast/raining not the best pic) i'll have more pics taken next week

now that is a bird I'd like to have in my aviaries - stunning :)
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

couple more pix

Quiz: How many of these birds carry the emerald gene?

I'm an Explorer
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Let's see if we get more responses, meanwhile a pic of the homozygous emerald hen

I'm an Explorer
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Ring0Neck wrote:Quiz: How many of these birds carry the emerald gene?
All of them, except possibly the violet. But it is hard to tell from that pic. :)
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Spot on Johan :shock: all 4 do.

here's a better pic of the hidden one

striking color on the tail
I'm an Explorer
madas

Post by madas »

Ring0Neck wrote:Spot on Johan :shock: all 4 do.

here's a better pic of the hidden one

striking color on the tail
So the one in the background is a dom. pied emeraldTurq?
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Yes, Turquoise or to be on a safer side i should say Emerald+Parblue possible SB-Emerald although we don't know what that really means in genetical terms.

Talking to the breeder i gathered that no turquoise was visible as the bird was feathering up only emerald and initially he thought her to be emerald pied.
he did not tell me it is TurquoiseEmerald it is only my conclusion that it has another parblue gene besides emerald which looks rather clear to be so. i can ask him for more details, who knows maybe there was no turq. parent :?
I'm an Explorer
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Ring0Neck wrote:Spot on Johan :shock: all 4 do.
Nice. Gold star for me. :lol:

Still don't see it on that violet, though. :oops:
madas wrote:So the one in the background is a dom. pied emeraldTurq?
I think so, Madas. That beautiful even apple greenish colour in the front made me think emerald is also there. And I think that 'saddle' type turquoise/parblue to go with that for the striking bright yellow back region.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Still don't see it on that violet, though
you don't see it because it isn't there :D

Congratz on picking it up Johan.
I was thinking Madas would pick that by its head color being so close to the other turq-emerald
pics were not the best in a fuzzy lighting cond./ overcast
I'm an Explorer
madas

Post by madas »

Ring0Neck wrote: I was thinking Madas would pick that
madas picked it but was unsure if the shiny yellow back is only caused by emerald and dom. pied or if another parblue is in play. That's why i asked if it is a dom. pied emeraldTurq. Wasn't aware of the fact that a emerald saddleback exist. :D So nice bird. Some more pics of this beauty?
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

madas picked it but was unsure if the shiny yellow back is only caused by emerald and dom. pied or if another parblue is in play.
Oh Cool, so you were thinking ahead of the pack. :D

how she looked a month ago

it had no violet in the tail

The 2 pix below, makes me laugh every time i see these 2 pics, right out of a comic book :lol:

I'm an Explorer
madas

Post by madas »

Ring0Neck wrote: it had no violet in the tail
Doesn't look violet now too. Looks more like normal EmeraldBlue or deep Emerald tail enhanced by the pied gen but not violet.

Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

:lol: When i wrote Violet, i paused ... as i knew it's gonna come back to bite me :) but that's what i remember breeder sayin
I'm an Explorer
king kong

Post by king kong »

Hi every one

@madas awesome birds
just curious to know as i guess u keep Cocks n hens in separate cages in non breeding season ........ am i right ........ wana confirm my self cos me too do this n sometime i face criticism
:oops:
thnks in advance
regards
mcw-indianringnecks

Post by mcw-indianringnecks »

EmeraldGreyHarlequin.jpg
The picture of peter smiths bird is emerold violet harlequin not emerold grey harlequin .,
Ben ,,,Did you find out what the parents of your saddleback were?
Added a picture of the emerold grey harlequin i sent to S,Africa
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

mcw-indianringnecks wrote:The picture of peter smiths bird is emerold violet harlequin not emerold grey harlequin .,
Nobody said it was, Chris. Madas merely pointed out that the Peter Smith bird is close to one of my favourite phenotypes, the grey emerald harlequin.