Pronutro

Moderator: Mods

Nabzo

Pronutro

Post by Nabzo »

hi
i would like to know if i can give my 4 month old IRN Pronutro ?

and at what age can i start giving my IRN chillies and peppers ?
SkyeBerry

Re: Pronutro

Post by SkyeBerry »

Hi...the first article under this section has a long list of safe foods. I did not specifically check just now but I will be very surprised if chilies and peppers are not there. As far as I know, you can give these foods as soon as they are eating on their own. The earlier they are introduced to new foods the quicker they generally accept them. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I attached a link to the product I am assuming you are inquiring about. It lists the ingredients. Other people may be more likely to respond if they can quickly access info on a product they may be unfamiliar with. Personally I do not see why I would feed this product. The first ingredient is corn, then soy, third sugar & a whole bunch of chemicals for vit & min and who knows what else. I think there are tastier 'treats' for birds and I would not use this as a 'pellet' or main staple for the bird because it has been enriched for humans. The site states "for those relegated to a high carbohydrate or bulking diet will be happy to know that a bowl of Pronutro is chock full of complex carbohydrates and will provide long-term energy." If this is bulky and high energy for people, I am not sure I want to do the same for my bird. If my bird were thin, I would want it checked out by a vet and I would want to feed a better parrot specific diet. Same if my bird lacked energy. I also think care should be taken when feeding enriched foods. Certain vit & min in too high a dose can cause serious and sometimes fatal consequences. I did not compare these vit and min to what an IRN might require as I do not know what else you feed and as I said, if you are looking for a 'pellet' or cereal type staple for your bird I would be looking at whole grains or parrot specific pellets from reputable companies.

This is my opinion. Check for several days and you may get more responses. You may also want to ask your avian vet.

http://www.mantality.co.za/blog/choose- ... start.html
Last edited by SkyeBerry on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mary
Nabzo

Re: Pronutro

Post by Nabzo »

thank you for your reply i will take what you say in concideration