NEED HELP!! BROUGHT FIRST IRD

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

zabair

NEED HELP!! BROUGHT FIRST IRD

Post by zabair »

i just brought a indian ringneck parrot yesterday with a small cage. it is very anxious and when i walk in the room it starts flying around like crazy and tipped over its seeds and water. i cannot walk next to it without it getting all hyped up therefore i cannot clean its cage and taking it out of its cage is out of the equation.any advice is much appreciated.

ps i am intending on buying a bigger cage very soon
MissK

Re: NEED HELP!! BROUGHT FIRST IRD

Post by MissK »

Zabair, as you already feel the bird should be in a larger cage, I would say make that the number two priority, right after giving the bird the food and water as it should get. Just because it's #2 priority doesn't mean you should not rush to do it. Get that bird in the bigger cage fast.

There is a lot of information here about taming and putting a new bird at ease. Please use the search function. Your problem is new to you, but old to those who are answering the questions. Give them a break. Use the search function.

Here is one thread to get you started:
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =2&t=18617

Best wishes.
-MissK
zabair

Post by zabair »

Thanks alot and your right i really do need a bigger cage which will be arriving on wednesday so that it can have more perches to sit on then only one low perch and alot more room and toys but i still need help with it thrashing about and the link didnt help too much

PS.i completely cover the cage with a dark blue thin fabric but im not sure if im supposed to... It is quiet cold at night in the UK
MissK

Post by MissK »

Well, you *do* have to read the whole thing. :wink:

There is a lot of helpful information in that thread and I'm sure you haven't had a chance to try it all, so why don't you go back and review it - both pages- and see how it does for you. I'm sure you're going to find something helpful in there.

Best wishes.
-MissK
zabair

Post by zabair »

The parrot is no longer thrashing but is very anxious and scared when i come close to it and starts to climb the back of its cage also i feed it bird mix and cannot find a treat that it wants...have tried apples today aswell and will buy some grapes later on today...

This is the cage im buying so please tell me if it is ok for a 4-6 months IRN

I cannot post the link bcuz of restrictions but please type in ebay parrot cage and it is te one with £35

THANKS IN ADVANCE