What color will these clear head clear tail babies be?

Moderator: Mods

blueindianringneck

What color will these clear head clear tail babies be?

Post by blueindianringneck »

Mom is Dandelion, green body, yellow head and tail. Dad is Cotton, blue body with white head and white tail. What color will those babies be?

Kappa

Re: What color will these clear head clear tail babies be?

Post by Kappa »

Hi
What you have there are a green pallid hen and a blue pallid cock, and not the clear head clear tail mutation. The offspring you can exepect from this pairing will be pallid green/blue cocks and hens. If your hen is split blue then they will also produce blue pallids in cocks and hens.
blueindianringneck

Post by blueindianringneck »

Kappa wrote:Hi
What you have there are a green pallid hen and a blue pallid cock, and not the clear head clear tail mutation. The offspring you can exepect from this pairing will be pallid green/blue cocks and hens. If your hen is split blue then they will also produce blue pallids in cocks and hens.
This female was paired with a blue male and all 5 babies came out blue. So I was told she must be split to blue.
So does that mean the babies will all look like the parents?

I have a blue male that I kept from this mom's first clutch (Dad was blue). He is paired up with a female that is the same coloration as his mother. What colors would THEIR babies be?
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

That breeding proves that she is split blue and therefore they will produce young that look like the parents.

The young blue male you have kept will be split for the pallid mutation so with the other green pallid hen they will produce green pallids and green/blue/pallid cocks and green/blue hens. If the hen is also split for blue then they will also produce blue pallids and blue/pallid cocks and normal blue hens.