DD blue violet(df)

Moderator: Mods

Farzz1

DD blue violet(df)

Post by Farzz1 »

Hi All
I have a twist in my arm asking such a ridiculous question I think I have this bird but I need to compare this to another, I am looking for a pic of this bird DD blue violet (DF) does anybody have them? Both in cock and hen. I am contemplating pairing this bird to an emerald harlequin hen any thoughts?
Regards S
madas

Re: DD blue violet(df)

Post by madas »

Hi,

can you post a pic of this bird? Unfortunately i don't think we have such a bird here in Europe. :(
thx.
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

Hi M
I will do it is a bit late now though give me 20 mins i will try
Tks
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

herewith the first image
Attachments
IMG-20140309-00140.jpg
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

herewith the second image
Attachments
IMG-20140309-00143.jpg
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

I think this bird is a D df violet not a DD however in 2012 i paired it to its sister i have bred a dd violet somthing but the bird died any thoughts of the pairing if its a D DF violet to emerald Dominant pied ? does anybody in sa have a dd df violet cock for sale ?
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

To ensure a guaranteed DD violet(df) is no easy feat. You will need to breed a mauve looking bird from 2x guaranteed D violet(df) parents, since I doubt that the DD violet(sf) and DD violet(df) will differ in phenotype. This is why I feel that one needs to take the violet(df) component out of the equation and have both parents be violet(df)s to begin with, and both need to carry D to get to your 25% DD birds. My dad is considering making such a pairing this year, just to complete our series of violets. The only ones we haven't bred are DD violet sf/df, and mostly my fault, since I'm not a fan of those combinations. :|

The bird in the picture is not a DD I'm afraid. Think you realise that too.

As for buying a DD violet(df), good luck S! There will be a few guys out there claiming to have them. You know the big talkers as well as I do. But I'll really be surprised if there are more than a handful in the country. :o
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

Hi
My suspicion is that it is d df violet any thoughts? However any thoughts on the pairing? My idea is that four mutations in one bird would result in a ray of possibilities especially with the emerald harlequin pairing but would that be advisable?
Tks