life span of a wild irn

Moderator: Mods

Tyeman

life span of a wild irn

Post by Tyeman »

does anyone know the life span of a wild irn im doing a report on them google wont give mt the answer lol
AJPeter

Re: life span of a wild irn

Post by AJPeter »

Try Wikipedia!
Tyeman

Post by Tyeman »

lol that was my first stop i have come to the conclusion that the wild life span is the same as the captive (20-30) but in captivitY they have been recorded at upto 50 years old
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

my understanding is that they'll live up to around 25-30 years. This is under ideal conditions... a proper diet, an excessively happy life, etc.

I don't feed my bird a perfect diet. He gets the things he's supposed to but he also gets a little junk food like salt and sugar. I don't expect my bird to live 30 years. I'm looking at somewhere between 15 and 20 years.

An Indian Ringneck living up to 50 years is like saying humans can live up to 110. yeah, it's true, but it's pretty damn unlikely. It has to do with genetics, diet, lifestyle, and luck.

The same can be said for living 30 years. Human lifespan can be said to be around 75-80 years but people start dropping off regularly around 65 if they haven't taken proper care of themselves.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Not to mention the dangers of living in the wild that have to do with predation and human intervention.
-MissK
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I am 75 in May can not be bothered with exercise, weigh 16 stone (224 lbs) and have been waiting to drop off for ten years l shall go when the good Lord is ready for me/
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

Hey AJ. My grandmother is 99 in a couple months and she could be rolled around. (Good thing she does not use the internet.) Anyway, you might be around a lot longer. Grandma lives on her own & in her own apartment.

Mary
Mary