mites

Moderator: Mods

Tyeman

mites

Post by Tyeman »

has any one got any pics of mites? I was cleaning the play area today and under the paper that the water bowls sits on there was some sort of mould and a few miniature ant type things they were yellow ish or see through i think.. none of the pics for mites on google seem to match so if anyone has some picks that would be great i sprayed everything anyway but yea...
AJPeter

Re: mites

Post by AJPeter »

The moral of the story is clean more often, does it matter what the mites or insect infestatioon look like?
Tyeman

Post by Tyeman »

i clean the play area once a week i think the moisture from the water bowl on the wood made the mould ive never seen the bugs before but i would love to know if they are mites or just some other insect that likes the wood, so yes i think it does matter.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Would it help to keep the wood dry if you put the water bowl on aluminium (silver paper) foil? You could be right about those bugs/
Tyeman

Post by Tyeman »

hmm well thats good to know dont think they were mites then i haven't noticed anything on the birds and they looked more like miniature ants of some sort. i was just looking up the ivomectin and apparently you can only get that through vets over here in Australia as it is a controlled substance.. I noticed some people use it monthly as a preventative do many people do this? is it necessary?