Lots of peppers.. a lot

Moderator: Mods

Donovan

Lots of peppers.. a lot

Post by Donovan »

Okay. I'm asking some of you people who have older birds.

I've had my bird for about a year and a half. He's gone through phases of things he likes or is willing to eat.

Lately he won't touch things he loved a few months ago. He used to have nothing to do with peppers, but now it's about the only vegetable he's willing to eat.

He still loves apples and blueberries which he gets everyday. (I have a couple of blueberry bushes outside and I collected and froze a lot of them). Aside from his love of those fruits he loves peppers to the point that he's eating them a lot. His breath smells like peppers.. yuck lol...

First of all, are a bird's taste preferences seasonal? (this is why i asked about older birds or people with more birding experience than I have) Secondly, I know peppers are good for them, but is it okay to eat them everyday while ignoring cauliflower, broccoli, radishes, collard greens, carrots, etc.....
AJPeter

Re: Lots of peppers.. a lot

Post by AJPeter »

Its those dreaded hormones again lol.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Donovan wrote:
First of all, are a bird's taste preferences seasonal? (this is why i asked about older birds or people with more birding experience than I have) Secondly, I know peppers are good for them, but is it okay to eat them everyday while ignoring cauliflower, broccoli, radishes, collard greens, carrots, etc.....
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, it's fine. Overall the nutrients will balance out as tastes change again. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay and my late husband had this in common, a craving for something to excess, then change to something else. We all need variety, so maybe this is the reason. Having said that, if Sanjay missed peppers for just one single day, he would be absolutely distraught!