New Discovery In Foot Toy/foraging!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Doodlebug

New Discovery In Foot Toy/foraging!

Post by Doodlebug »

Just thought I'd share the neat discovery I made yesterday.

Not sure if someone has already said about this so apologies if so! So I was wandering around the house trying to look for things that Dudes would be interested in foot toy-wise. I saw this and thought it was just the right size and has two parts to it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nurof ... 3B520%3B87

I gave it to him, and he liked it, but then had a great idea to suck up a small amount of diluted fruit juice, just about 1cm worth, and give it to him. It kept him amused for ages! He was licking at the end like it was nectar from a plant, and so funny to watch his little tongue beavering away, he turned it this way and that trying to get the last of it out :)

Great if you worry they don't drink enough, as they never seem to drink while you watch and also Dudes is loving tipping his water out onto the floor at the mo too! So its a foot toy/drink foraging item too.

What do you guys think?
Loo :)
MissK

Re: New Discovery In Foot Toy/foraging!

Post by MissK »

Loo, you're getting today's Little Miss Ingenuity prize!
-MissK
Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

:D Yay!

He adores this thing! As soon as he sees it he goes crazy, swooping on it straight away. I definitely recommend giving it a try, and I guess as it's purposely made for administering medication, you could use it for that too, if your vet has prescribed a liquid.
Loo :)
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

This is a really neat concept, I think i'll give it a try. Orange juice is so loaded with sugar I wonder how they would like unsweetened orange or cranberry juice. I suppose I could squeeze it out myself .. no more than what is needed it would be pretty simple
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

So I've tried this syringe idea tonight. I got one and stuck it into a watermelon and drew out some juice. My bird won't take it though. He's scared of it :lol:
He won't be forever though.