Birds and crying

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

ranechild

Birds and crying

Post by ranechild »

I had a funny moment yesterday amist a sad day.
Yesterday morning my grandfather died. I am a wreck. I have been on and off crying since then.
Last night I decided to make a fire in the fireplace, pull up a chair and spend the evening knitting and listening to the fire. Fats and Camo were hanging out either on me or on the back of the chair--doing a slow chase as Camo tries to stay away from Fats.
Well they were both on the back of the chair and I was fiddling on my phone--turned to facebook and my cousin had posted a collage of Pappy. I lost it. I was wailing. After a few minutes of uncontrollable sobbing, I looked back at the birds and then were looking at me with these faces--faces that said what is going on? what's wrong with her? is she ok? And for a minute they weren't bickering.
Then I turned away. Not a moment later, Fats is growling and I turn around to find Fats' tail in Camo's beak. Kids.
Camo was a sweetie to me the rest of the night--he understands human behavior better than baby Fats.
MissK

Re: Birds and crying

Post by MissK »

Dear, so sorry you lost your Pappy. I'll be having you in my thoughts. :(

It is really special when we have these moments of weakness and the pets actually notice, and you can see them trying to process the information. For me, it is reassuring, because I take it as evidence we really *are* a little family. I'm glad your fids are there to look after you!
-MissK