Emerald cobalt Dom pied (harlequin)

Moderator: Mods

Aussie_nathan

Emerald cobalt Dom pied (harlequin)

Post by Aussie_nathan »

Does anyone know the genetic mix of babies you would get if you breed an emerald cobalt Dom pied (harlequin) cock with a Violet hen. What would be the possible colour out come of the babies?

I can get both birds from a professional breeder for two thousand dollars
Attachments
This is the emerald cobalt cock
This is the emerald cobalt cock
mcw-indianringnecks

Re: Emerald cobalt Dom pied (harlequin)

Post by mcw-indianringnecks »

G,Day Nathan ,Theres probally 16 combinations
1 Emerold Cobalt Violet Harlequin
2 Emerold Cobalt Harlequin
3 Emerold Violet Harlequin
4 Emerold Blue Harlequin
5 Cobalt Violet Harlequin
6 Cobalt Harlequin
7 Violet Harlequin
8 Blue Harlequin
Then you would breed all these colours without the Harlequin as in plain blue etc.
Then you will have the problem of trying to pick the violetcobalts from the violets and cobalts,its a mating i wouldnt do .
If you stick to violet to violet or cobalt x cobalt life becomes much easier and you can Garantee easily everything in the nest as in Emerold Mauve Harlequin , Phil Highlands is sending me a picture next week of this coloured bird, ill add it to my New Mutations in a few weeks if you want to take a look?
Aussie_nathan

Post by Aussie_nathan »

Yes please that would be great, sounds like breeding harlequins with an emerald would be a bit of a head ache to be honest, and I doubt many people would know what they would be looking at unless they really know their colours.
mcw-indianringnecks

breeding emerold to harlequin is great , breeding emerold to anything is great . Breeding violet to cobalt causes problems
Chriskoi

Post by Chriskoi »

mcw-indianringnecks wrote: Breeding violet to cobalt causes problems
What problems do you mean? Breeding violet to dark is a necessary step to go on for a violet(df)dark or violet dark(df).

Chris
mcw-indianringnecks

To the averadge breeder picking cobalt violet from violet from cobalt isnt always as easy as you think. What i was suggesting was simply use cobalt to the cobalt emerold harlequin and you could avoid any confusion ,as its easyier to pick cobalt from mauve from blue