Terrible noise on new year

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Little Buttercup

Terrible noise on new year

Post by Little Buttercup »

I live on a smallholding for the past 15 years and last night was the first time I heard such loud fireworks noises. I can't believe people can be so insensitive to animals, scare them in that manner with fireworks. Usually its quiet in our area. I wonder how all the animals must have been feeling with those blasting noises that went on for about an hour! I went in to sleep with my 6 year old as it woke him up as well. I feel everyone should be more thoughtful of the poor animals and abstain from such unneccessary loud burstings.

Ash
InTheAir

Re: Terrible noise on new year

Post by InTheAir »

We saw hundreds of rainbow lorikeets flying into the dark in a panic when the public fireworks display started near their roosting tree last night.
Tyeman

Post by Tyeman »

InTheAir wrote:We saw hundreds of rainbow lorikeets flying into the dark in a panic when the public fireworks display started near their roosting tree last night.
funny you say that i once witnessed a weird occurrence of many dead rainbow lori's all over the streets after fireworks at a festival thing...Not sure if the 2 were releated but it seemed to be..
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Tyeman wrote:
InTheAir wrote:We saw hundreds of rainbow lorikeets flying into the dark in a panic when the public fireworks display started near their roosting tree last night.
funny you say that i once witnessed a weird occurrence of many dead rainbow lori's all over the streets after fireworks at a festival thing...Not sure if the 2 were releated but it seemed to be..
My boyfriend and I were wondering if that would be the case :cry:
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

They're really strict on fireworks here. You need a permit for firecrackers and sparklers. The big show is done over the water. I know there isn't water everywhere they have a display, but I agree that wildlife needs to be taken into consideration. That's so sad about the lori's :cry:
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

We have laws realting to fire works after 10 pm but the trouble is enforcing them , once people know they can get away with it they will!

After l got back from playing the new year in at our church last night l called into reasure Billie, she did reply but this morning l discovered she had laid an egg, it had a broken shell so l wonder did the fireworks unsettle her.

Some one nearby is letting off fireworks at 9.15 pm and so l have just been into check on Billie she was not very happy but l feel my reassurance went down well.

AJPeter