Nicko & Meg

Moderator: Mods

Mitchan

Nicko & Meg

Post by Mitchan »

So I'd like to share a few photos featuring my two lovely IRNs, Nicko and Meg! ...Or, well, quite a lot of photos, sorry about that :lol: I usually have a camera in my hand, and I love parrot photography, so... ;)

And their new-ish cage setup (The cagetop play area has got a way bigger tree now, as well as some more toys, and the cage itself has also got some more toys and perches since I took the photo):

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Nicko & Meg

Post by ringneck »

Wow, Nicko and Meg look to be so happy. I love the setup. Very pretty ringnecks. How long does the tree last before you have to replace it? Also, i love the last photo when both ringnecks are in flight--amazing. Great cages! :OP

Best Wishes :wink: ,

IMRAN-C
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Great pics! They look so adorable!
Mitchan

Post by Mitchan »

ringneck wrote:Wow, Nicko and Meg look to be so happy. I love the setup. Very pretty ringnecks. How long does the tree last before you have to replace it? Also, i love the last photo when both ringnecks are in flight--amazing. Great cages! :OP

Best Wishes :wink: ,

IMRAN-C
Thank you very much! :) I honestly don't know how long my trees tend to last! I've currently got a big tree (not pictured) on top of the cage that should last quite a while since it's very sturdy and I can replace a smaller branch or two when I'd like to, pretty much. I've also got a slightly smaller tree that I've had in the bird room since May, that I'm starting to think I should cut a few branches off, keep the "base" and collect quite a few petty big branches to add to it and make a new tree out of it.
As for the branches with leaves on them, since my birds are HUGE on picking the leaves off and playing with them, I usually tend to choose a bit thinner and neater branches that are very easy to replace for that. They're also easy to just add to an existing play tree or just hang somewhere, so that's good :lol:
Mitchan

Post by Mitchan »

InTheAir wrote:Great pics! They look so adorable!
Thank you! They ARE pretty adorable! :wink: :mrgreen:
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

What lovely birds, and I love the pics showing them flying around.

Ash
Mitchan

Post by Mitchan »

Little Buttercup wrote:What lovely birds, and I love the pics showing them flying around.

Ash
Thank you so much! :mrgreen:
Mitchan

Post by Mitchan »

Had a little photo session today;

zentoucan

Post by zentoucan »

Hello Mitchan
excellent Photos your birds look fantastic. In the photo of the cage top setup I notice a net. where did you get it?
The ones that I find have too small a hole and I believe that my birds would get tangle up in them. That is the purpose of a net. But the one in your photo have rather large holes in fact they look big enough for a IRN to crawl through.
Mitchan

Post by Mitchan »

zentoucan wrote:Hello Mitchan
excellent Photos your birds look fantastic. In the photo of the cage top setup I notice a net. where did you get it?
The ones that I find have too small a hole and I believe that my birds would get tangle up in them. That is the purpose of a net. But the one in your photo have rather large holes in fact they look big enough for a IRN to crawl through.
Thank you! :) Yes, it is a very good climbing net, you can see it up close and compared to an IRN here:

I got it from a Swedish bird store, so I don't know where to get one, really. I know there are a few climbing nets here: http://www.mysafebirdstore.com/Products ... _NETS.html but they're not that similar to mine.
http://birdsupplysales.ashopcart.com/ca ... php?cat=70 These look a bit more like mine, but most of them seem to be in cotton, which I'm personally not that fond of :P

You could make your own: http://www.birdtricks.com/blog/how-to-m ... ur-parrot/
Or just google "parrot climbing net" for a while and see if you find anything! I think they're great, I've got two of them and the birds like them too. :)
zentoucan

Post by zentoucan »

The rope you're using look like sisal. thanks for the links.
Mitchan

Post by Mitchan »

zentoucan wrote:The rope you're using look like sisal. thanks for the links.
Yep, it is! I love sisal stuff. :P