Should I leave my ringneck home alone

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

liljo202

Should I leave my ringneck home alone

Post by liljo202 »

Hi Can someone give me an opinion about this I plan on going to my son's house in Jersey I live in pa about 2 hrs away. I
might plan to stay overnight Do you think that's too long to keep my ringneck home by himself or should I take him with me? Thanks liljo
ranechild

Re: Should I leave my ringneck home alone

Post by ranechild »

He should be ok for one night. make sure he has more than one water dish if he has any habit of knocking his over. you could also put a radio on a timer if you are worried about him being lonely.

We have to leave our birdies home. one's a Quaker parrot and he's not allowed in pennsylvania ( or jersey)
MissK

Post by MissK »

You'll need to keep your IRN out of Jersey too, unless they've changed the law. I hear mutterings of it changing, but no confirmation yet.
-MissK
Tyeman

Post by Tyeman »

MissK wrote:You'll need to keep your IRN out of Jersey too, unless they've changed the law. I hear mutterings of it changing, but no confirmation yet.

you guys have laws against owning irn's over their...Why's that?
MissK

Post by MissK »

Apparently, New Jersey is concerned feral Ringnecks will take over their legislative body and start enacting more sensible laws.

Actually, I believe it is because they are concerned the Ringneck will naturalize (as they have done) and make themselves a nuisance to local biology and agriculture. This is the only state I'm aware of with anti-Ringneck laws, but Quaker (aka Monk) Parakeets are illegal or regulated in a number of other states for the same reasons.
-MissK
Tyeman

Post by Tyeman »

lol

Fair enough makes sense,,, There was a few feral colonies starting to move in over here in western Australia years ago i think..but they were eradicated..
liljo202

Post by liljo202 »

ranechild wrote:He should be ok for one night. make sure he has more than one water dish if he has any habit of knocking his over. you could also put a radio on a timer if you are worried about him being lonely.

We have to leave our birdies home. one's a Quaker parrot and he's not allowed in pennsylvania ( or jersey)
Thanks for your reply ranechild Yes I did leave him home for one night, he was fine although I was a little worried. Thanks liljo
liljo202

Post by liljo202 »

MissK wrote:You'll need to keep your IRN out of Jersey too, unless they've changed the law. I hear mutterings of it changing, but no confirmation yet.
Thanks Miss K I left him home for one night He was fine I left the radio on and made sure he had enough water I did miss him though. I didn't think about about the law in Jersey about these birds I heard that too. Thanks liljo