New fid - Oliver

Moderator: Mods

SunniDai

New fid - Oliver

Post by SunniDai »

So we ended up adopting another fid. The person we adopted him from doesn't know a whole lot about Ringnecks, so we don't know for certain age or sex, but we have had him two and a half weeks now (he's been quarantined) and have been observing him closely. He is out with the others today for the first time. So far so good :)
He is a bit clutzy still, which in my mind puts him closer to a year than the previous thought two years. When Luna, our little African ringneck, attempted to flirt with him, he had no interest. She also fluctuates between being flirty and being crabby with him. He and Oscar, our other little African, get along just fine. Sunni, our other Indian ringneck, sits back and observes him and is attempting to befriend him, but she is still under two herself. She and Oliver are now talking from a bit of a distance. She keeps asking him "what are you doing?" and "come here, you", but alas he is keeping his distance :lol:
If we've come upon a little male, which I'm hoping, then this is very good indeed. Of course I will have to watch a bit closer when they are all out together to ensure no tail biting happens.
Which brings up a question: do just the females bite tails? I've seen both Luna and Sunni go for tails, but Oscar never has. And so far (knock on wood) Oliver hasn't shown any interest in going for the tail.
Anywho, here is a picture of our newest fid, Oliver :)
~Dana

AlphaWolf

Re: New fid - Oliver

Post by AlphaWolf »

Oh what a beautiful bird you got SunniDai, me jelous now :mrgreen: :evil: What a lucky bird to have you, and what a lucky lady to have Oliver!
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
ranechild

Re: New fid - Oliver

Post by ranechild »

Male bird tail bite too!!! I know that for certain!