Curious Dudes

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Doodlebug

Curious Dudes

Post by Doodlebug »

I have found, quite by mistake, something that Dudes REALLY likes!

I was playing around with my sons spinning tops on the table and you ought to have seen Doodlebugs little face when he was watching from his playstand. Aww man! His head was cocking to the side, this way and that, and he kept bopping up and down like he wanted to take off and fly to join in :)

He eventually settled for taking one off me on his T perch, and having a nibble. I'm sure he'll get the guts to join in with me soon.

Loo :)
Doodlebug

Re: Curious Dudes

Post by Doodlebug »

By the way, in the background is some more of my sons spinny toys, I thought if Dudes liked the tops he might enjoy the 'battlestrikers' which you put on a handheld thing with a trigger, it spins it real fast and releases it, you can release two at once and they clash together and go off in opposite directions. Dudes was curious about these too but think they might have been too noisy when they clashed, so I went back to the traditional ones.

Now I'm wondering what else my son has that I can use to interact with his Royal Greeness...
MissK

Post by MissK »

And I'm keeping my eyes open for a spinning top!

BTW, I just noticed in your avatar that Dudes has a pink cat ball like Rocky's. Rocky loves that ball. I call it his Girlfriend. :lol: It was the first toy I gave him.
-MissK
Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

Haha, his girlfriend! :lol:

Dudes LOVES these kinds of balls, but it does worry me that his intentions are to destroy the plastic frame to get at the metal ball, which as you know is not really a ball as such but a bit of metal floded into a rough ball shape. I'm sure these can cause damage to tongue? When he has gotten the ball out I throw it away and stuff the ball with small treats that can fit through the gaps he has chewed into it. But he doesn't seem as interested in it as when the ball was in there!
Kimma

Post by Kimma »

I thought they might like one of those wind wheel toys

I'll have to make one for my birds and see what they think.
MissK

Post by MissK »

If you are concerned you can gently spread the "bars" of the ball and force the inner ball out.
-MissK
Tyeman

Post by Tyeman »

Doodlebug wrote:Haha, his girlfriend! :lol:

Dudes LOVES these kinds of balls, but it does worry me that his intentions are to destroy the plastic frame to get at the metal ball, which as you know is not really a ball as such but a bit of metal floded into a rough ball shape. I'm sure these can cause damage to tongue? When he has gotten the ball out I throw it away and stuff the ball with small treats that can fit through the gaps he has chewed into it. But he doesn't seem as interested in it as when the ball was in there!

I go through so many of those ball things lol they might be a bit different but i have the same worry about the metal thing inside so as soon as they start getting to cracked i throw them out and give them new ones there only like 1$ each
MissK

Post by MissK »

If you can find a style like this http://www.amazon.com/Ethical-Slotted-B ... s=cat+ball.

The slats can be gently (I said GENTLY) pried apart and the inner ball removed. If you don't care about toasting the ball, you can insert an inner ball-sized hunk of food - small pistachio comes to mind.
-MissK
Tyeman

Post by Tyeman »

ahhh genius... thnx