Intesnse dislike of light? 4 week Baby

Moderator: Mods

tobiloh

Intesnse dislike of light? 4 week Baby

Post by tobiloh »

Hi all! This is my second baby Indian Ringneck. I am not raising them to breed (just wanted that to be known).

When I had my first baby, Blizzard, all went well and now he is a beautiful 9 month old, talkative troublemaker. But I cannot seem to remember how I did some things! I have done a lot of research and cannot find an answer to this question (was scouring for an answer).

Being that baby is about 4 and 1/2 weeks old, I keep him warm and feed him regularly. My worry is when I reach in to get him, I will talk softly to Ringo, let him be forewarned that I am reaching in for him and I find that he burrows into the towels in his box as if he is afraid of light, or doesn't like it? I take him out in dim light but want him to get acquainted with natural lighting. Is it too early? I just worry that his eyes cannot dilate as well yet so I don't want to hurt his eyes.

Sorry if it's a dumb question. I just want baby to be happy.
SkyeBerry

Re: Intesnse dislike of light? 4 week Baby

Post by SkyeBerry »

Hi not sure if you are still checking for an answer. What comes to my mind is he is scared and hiding from you. I do not mean to imply you are doing anything wrong but each bird - including babies - have their own personalities. This baby is likely more timid than the other. I am assuming things have improved. Any update?
Mary
SkyeBerry

Re: Intesnse dislike of light? 4 week Baby

Post by SkyeBerry »

I obviously did not know that. Thinking about it further, that makes sense. They would be in the nest/under mom.
Mary