Grape vines etc

Moderator: Mods

Doodlebug

Grape vines etc

Post by Doodlebug »

I read here somewhere that some of you use grape vine for their IRNs to climb on etc, I'd love to get hold of this or at least something like it, but living in the UK I'm not sure how I'd go about it.

Can anyone help or recommend a substitute that I can easily get hold of? Id either like to put some in his cage or to attach to his playstand or somewhere else round the house to encourage him out of his comfort zone in the living room.

On a different matter, I really like those sort of cargo nets for Parrots that can hang and they can climb on them etc, do you think they can be made at home as they are quite expensive to buy...

And natural Loofahs make great toys I have discovered, easy to cut if you wanted and to string, and relatively cheap with all the fun of being able to destroy :)
Loo :)
sanjays mummi

Re: Grape vines etc

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay has toys with loofah on them, he loves chewing. I don't know where you might source grape vine, unless you grow your own, (used to live in Suffolk so I know the climate). what about garden netting? but I would be concerned about Dudes getting himself tangled up in it.
InTheAir

Re: Grape vines etc

Post by InTheAir »

I made a simple cargo net out of cotton rope, I just did granny knots. It doesn't look as pretty as a bought one, but the birds don't mind.
They also have a tight rope, a slack rope, an inbetween rope and a couple vertical ropes. Sapphire can't do the slack rope yet, but she is getting better at it.