I HAVE A NEW BROTHER!!!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

AlphaWolf

I HAVE A NEW BROTHER!!!

Post by AlphaWolf »

Hello everybody,
Ok so great news. My baby brother was born a couple of days ago. This explains why I was absent this days. He joined us in our house yesterday night. :D I'am sooooooo happy. Me and my mom had a long discussion about the similarities of a baby child and a babu parrot. And how we parents and parronts have the same care and love :D :D
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
MissK

Re: I HAVE A NEW BROTHER!!!

Post by MissK »

Welcome LittlePup and BIG CONGRATULATIONS, AlphaWolf!

I know you are going to learn SO MUCH while you watch that little baby grow up. You might even have a special perspective for interacting with him, since you are already learning about interacting with a little creature who doesn't speak your language.........

I think you should review Karen Pryor's book _Don't Shoot The Dog_ because it is helpful in dealing with any living creature. Remember that rewards for the human baby should probably be things like tickles and giggles, talking and smiles, maybe some simple mom-approved toys.

Be extra, extra careful that you don't accidentally cross-contaminate the baby with parrot germs. Ask your bird vet what is the best way to wash up after handling bird stuff before you go near the baby or touch stuff he will touch. Don't forget to be extra sure to be helpful around the house for your mom - having a baby is a huge big deal for her, and lots of extra work.

I wish you many years of excitement and fun with your new little brother! :D
-MissK
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi AlphaWolf

Congratulations! That's great news. Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Ellie.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Congratulations!
Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

Congratulations to you and your family Alpha, whats the little guys name and how is he getting on?
Loo :)
MissK

Post by MissK »

*I* have named him "LittlePup"!

AlphaWolf might not want to put such personal information out on the web for the world to see - at least, his mom might not want him to......... I wouldn't, if it was my little one.
-MissK
Dixie-1

Post by Dixie-1 »

Congratulations on the new addition to your family ! 8)
Just takin a break !