New IRN Parrot!!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

PipB2

New IRN Parrot!!

Post by PipB2 »

Hi, I have just bought home an IRN Parrot yesterday. He has just come out of the nest box when i took him so he is roughly 14wks old.
I have offered some rearing fomula to him but he doesn't seem interested in it; he does nibble at it. When he is in his cage, he just sits in one place, not really exploring.
Is he just getting used to his surroundings and new home?? Will he start eating soon??
Skyes_crew

Re: New IRN Parrot!!

Post by Skyes_crew »

If he is 14 weeks he is most likely weaned and shouldn't need the hand rearing formula anymore. What other foods are you offering him? Some IRN's are shy when they first come home. Some are a bit wild. They tend to have different personalities. What you want to watch for is signs of illness. Do a forum search for feeding, illness, taming and other such topics and you should have most of your questions answered :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

PipB2

Post by PipB2 »

Thanks. He started eating and is doing great now, now just have to start training him :)
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

I recommend goodbirdinc.com for ideas to start training. Our older bird loves training, our new 15 week old is still settling in.
PipB2

Post by PipB2 »

Thanks