Is this a good size cage for an IRN?

Moderator: Mods

Zoie Elyse

Is this a good size cage for an IRN?

Post by Zoie Elyse »

Hello everyone! I'm going to be adopting an IRN next month and even though he already has a cage I don't personally think it is big enough for him. So I've been looking all over the place for a decent sized cage (while still monitoring the bar spacing) and I've found this one flight cage at The Golden Cockatoo and here are the dimensions, 64 inches long by 35 inches tall and 21 inches deep. I'm not sure if the bar spacing is to narrow or not (half inch) but if anyone could possibly suggest another cage and/or give me your opinion on this one in particular that would be greatly appreciated!!!
:P Thanks again!!!

P.S Of course hes going to be out of his cage for the majority of the day and spend his time with me (I work at home) But he still deserves plenty of room. :)
MissK

Re: Is this a good size cage for an IRN?

Post by MissK »

Hi Zoie,

That sounds like our cage, the HQ Double Flight. I think A&E makes a look-alike. IF they are similar, and you are in USA, do a price check at BirdsComfort.com. They have a good price, but the shipping charge depends on where you live, so be sure to ask.

http://www.birdscomfort.com/doubleflight_bird_cage.html

While you're at it, look twice a the HQ Double Flight. My bird has been in it for a year and a half and I'm still raving with happiness. While he technically CAN fly a little in this cage (used without the divider, of course) he generally chooses not to. There's plenty of room for a diversity of toys and perches, multiple feeding stations, and the oh-so-important activity of running around the floor messing with foot toys.

I had a second one of these in reserve for a year, looking for a second Psittacula, but never found the "right one". I recently moved a pair of Budgies into it, and wow, do I love that, too! For a more complete review of this cage, do a forum search for HQ Double Flight.
-MissK