Post your feather collections!!!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

AlphaWolf

Post your feather collections!!!

Post by AlphaWolf »

Hello everyone,
Can you guys post your moulted feather collection. I just started collecting Aero's feathers and want to see your feathers. Let's get posting people! :D
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
Skyes_crew

Re: Post your feather collections!!!

Post by Skyes_crew »

There isn't enough time in my day to photograph and post all of my collections lol. :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Oh c'mon Skye, surely you have some time to post your tremendously awesome feather collection to us poor featherless newbies.

AlphaWolf
Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

Is this a bit like keeping a lock of your childs first haircut?

I have kept the first green feather that I found, but other than that they go with all the other stuff I clean out of his cage I'm afraid, does that make me a heartless parront?! :(

Having said that I'll probably keep that awesome first longest tail feather when that moults out.
Loo :)
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Ok...if I can find some time this weekend, I will take out my binder and lay out all my feathers in one group shot :D will that work?

And no Loo, it doesn't make you heartless lol...it probably makes you normal :lol:

Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

You've kept ALL the feathers that ever fell out of your birds? I'm going to say something really British now, Blimey!

I shall look forward to seeing all those then, very impressive if not a little obsessive!

*Hangs head in shame*

This kinda reminds me of my nephew actually, from a toddler he grew a 'rats tail' down the back of his head and way down his back. He got to a certain age and got all self conscious and asked his mum to cut it off because all the other kids would take the mickey out of him and he didn't want to be embarrassed. So she cut it off. And she still has it. He's in his 20's now and he still gets the mickey taken out of him from us, the family and his mum chases him with it! Poor boy.
Loo :)
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Ok...I didn't keep them all lol. My daughter did :D I think her intention was to make feather jewelry, but yeah, that never happened. But hey, at least I have a nice big feather collection now. I have the IRN's, Alexandrine, Plumheads, cockatiels, cockatoos, conure, and I believe a derbyan or two :D I actually can't wait till molting season this year since I have so many new mutations of IRN's.

AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Yay thanks Skye! Tomorrow if I have time tomorrow I will take some pictures of my small 2 week old collection. Don't worry doodlebug, the fact that you don't collect feathers makes you normal, not like us crazy bird people.

AlphaWolf
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Ok so here are my feather collections: The top row is my IRN and the bottom are the budgies.

With Flash to emphasis the colours.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures, I took them with my crappy phone and in poor light conditions.

Enjoy.

AlphaWolf
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Anybody??? :roll: :roll: :roll: Sky dropped a lovely tail feather a couple of days ago.

AlphaWolf
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

Hi Alpha, I have a huge collection of feathers, including long tail ones! And now they moulting and everyday i'm picking feathers up. But sorry I don't know how to post pics on here, but I can email you the feather pics if you want.

Ash
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Thank you sooo much little buttercup. It would be great if you could do so :)

AlphaWolf