Gracie Bleu, every evening,

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

pattiB

Gracie Bleu, every evening,

Post by pattiB »

just loves her Parrot Pacifier! She's doing well. We are still going along patiently. Yesterday she stepped up from inside her cage for me! That was a first. I want, we all want, so badly to scratch her little head! Not yet. Hopefully soon.
Attachments
phpf0lKkFPM.jpg
phpf0lKkFPM.jpg (14.46 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
Skyes_crew

Re: Gracie Bleu, every evening,

Post by Skyes_crew »

Awww, what a precious picture. I love those little pacifiers :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

pattiB

Post by pattiB »

Thanks Skye. We are so loving her! it's ridiculous! My big, burly, tough hubby is getting to be such a "baby" with her! It just melts my heart! Tonight it was a game with the pacifier and him. She'd drop it, he'd be all silly and say, "ok" i'll pick it up. Give it back to her, she'd drop it, and he'd do the same. Over and over again. Was priceless! We are doing so well keeping her a "family bird". She's doing awesome with me and hubby, but with Tessa (6 1/2) she's still a bit stand offish. Occasionally she will take a treat (popsicle stick) from Tessa. But about 30% of the time she will head to the back of the cage. The other night I had her out and was target training her while Tessa was bouncing around the living room. She really did awesome. Tessa can walk past her playstand and Gracie will be ok. Still a little heads up mode but ok. She seems to be always on alert when Tessa is in the room. Do you have any suggestions for us to help Gracie and Tessa become more relaxed together. Tessa understands the importance of moving slowly, talking softly and not touching Gracies cage or rattling it in anyway. But also Tessa needs to bounce around too. I'm trying to find a happy medium. I'm up for all suggestions! Thanks.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

I don't know how it is that birds understand the difference in age, but they do. It could be because up until a certain point in a child's life they are just a bundle of raw unchanneled energy. And maybe the birds can sense that. The good news is that by the age of around 10 it seems to get better. Just keep including Tessa as much as possible, but don't force the interaction. As long as Gracie is used to her being around, by the time Tessa is calmer and more relaxed around Gracie, they should transition into an easy relationship with each other. :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

pattiB

Post by pattiB »

Thanks! As fast as time is flying by, that should be very soon :lol: