what does this mean?

Moderator: Mods

Nikolais

what does this mean?

Post by Nikolais »

hi guys i've notice something today i was washing my dogs and cuz i didn't want to live Pipi alone in the living room i took him with us in the bathroom.. Every time he/she hears the water running he/she opens the wings lowers the head and screams... By the minute i saw his/hers reaction i turned the tap off and he/she relaxed and then i turned it on again same thing opened wings head low and the screaming...the wings are not completely opened but not the heart shape either something in between... i thing he/she really likes the water or this is a kind of display? anyone more expert than me can tell me for sure... By the way today my baby is 5 months old.... :D

Thanks in advance....
Melika

Re: what does this mean?

Post by Melika »

It might be bathing behaviour- have you sprinkled her with water yet? Most birds love baths, and starting early will help! You just want to make sure they have time to dry off before sundown and aren't chilled by draughts while wet.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
lola13

Post by lola13 »

Sounds like they might want to have a bath to!

I can watch a birdie having a bath for hours esp when my macaw dances and sings.
Nikolais

Post by Nikolais »

Of curse i've sprinkled him/her every day at 12 o'clock cuz the sun is up till 6 so he/she has time to dry... But yeah it might be a bathing behaviour cuz when he/she sees me with the hose in my hands he runs to me with the wings open and screams like hell... it's like he is saying bath time yeah..... so yeah you are right how can he know that there is water coming from the tap in the bathroom???? they are sooo clever birds... thank you guys.....
lola13

Post by lola13 »

Parrots are very clever, you've got to be one step ahead of them! My macaw learnt in two days screaming gets no attention from me. If he wants me he talks.

Have you got a shower perch for him? I've seen lots of people with them.
Nikolais

Post by Nikolais »

i'm planing to get one cuz i think it will help..... yeah i'm trying to do that with screaming too cuz sometimes it's really bad even tho he/she is 5 months old he/she is pretty vocal...
lola13

Post by lola13 »

It took my Lola a few months to be herself now everyday all day we get screamin,clicking,wolf whistling and meowing!