Yay!! I can finally show off my babies!

Moderator: Mods

KiwiMangoMama

Yay!! I can finally show off my babies!

Post by KiwiMangoMama »

I was so excited to know that I can start posting pictures finally :D So here is my first photo of my two babies <3

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” - Mahatma Gandhi
Melika

Re: Yay!! I can finally show off my babies!

Post by Melika »

Do you like fruit? :) Very nice ARN and IRN there! Thank you for sharing them. How is Mango's diet change going?
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Grlnlv2

Post by Grlnlv2 »

Pretty:)
KiwiMangoMama

Post by KiwiMangoMama »

Thank you guys! It is actually a funny story how their names came to be, we rescued Mango from a very abusive, bad relationship...so he already had the name and responded well to it. So when we got Kiwi, we figured it would be sort of funny to have the fruity names! :D

Mango has shown marked improvements since we brought Kiwi into the house, though we keep them in separate cages due to slight aggression (and our vet recommended keeping them separate) Mango enjoys talking to Kiwi through the cages, and since he noticed that Kiwi was eating all sorts of treats (fruits, veggies, nuts..etc..) he has started wanting them too! We are making great progress as far as getting Mango off of his "Safflower only" diet that his previous owners had him on too! I am really happy with the progress, I think that my predictions were correct all along in that Mango was lonely and wanted another feathered friend to talk to :D
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” - Mahatma Gandhi