3 month old new addition to our family! :)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Ehazell2000

3 month old new addition to our family! :)

Post by Ehazell2000 »

Hello everyone. Me and my partner have just brought home the new addition to our family.! A beautiful 3 month old green indian ringneck parrot. He is in a lovely HUGE cage, I had a few questions. My boyfriend is parrot mad! He had one when he was a teenager and unfortunately he passed away. He is over the moon that we now have the ringneck (currently unnamed) the questions I have are;
When should we handle him and also let him out of his cage?

He is very scared and wary of his surroundings which I know is normal. We don't want to frighten him.

Any advise on any subject will be much appreciated.!

We are excited to start this journey with our children and the new parrot :)
Skyes_crew

Re: 3 month old new addition to our family! :)

Post by Skyes_crew »

Hi and welcome to the forum. You can find the answers to all of your questions in the behavior and taming section. You can also take advantage of the search feature at the top if the page.

Please refer to this topic for instructions. http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =2&t=17649

Thanks and enjoy your visit :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Doodlebug

Re: 3 month old new addition to our family! :)

Post by Doodlebug »

Hi Ehazell, and welcome.

I am in the taming process with my bird too, and the community on this forum have been a great help to me :) IRNs are so adorable when they feel comfortable around us but it does take a lot of time and persistence. The rewards are endless though, be patient and enjoy your baby and the forum!

Loo :)
Loo :)