I love my IRN

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

JoeysMom

I love my IRN

Post by JoeysMom »

I am sure that we all can agree on the subject. Before I got Joey in June I already had five birds. When I began to talk about getting a sixth bird, I think people thought I was a little crazy. But I did my research and knew I wanted an IRN. So I went to the breeders and looked at the baby ringnecks. All of them were so cute, but there was one in particular that caught my eye. She was grey and younger than the other birds. She was not yet weaned. I picked her up and held her and that was it.

Joey is wonderful. She gets along well with everyone in the house (bird and human). I know that you guys will understand when I say how great the feeling is when you have a good relationship with your parrot. The trust, bond, and companionship between us is the most amazing thing.

Every night before I go to sleep I snuggle with Joey. She lays on my chest, and rests her little head on my chin. I rub her head and she gently grinds her beak as she falls asleep. This is my probably my favorite part of the day.

Best decision, ever. :mrgreen:

-Joeys Mom
-Joey's Mom
InTheAir

Re: I love my IRN

Post by InTheAir »

Aww that's great.
I think Nila is easily the best present I've ever got for someone too :D he keeps us smiling.