Tropical Cyclone Flossie

Moderator: Mods

Skyes_crew

Tropical Cyclone Flossie

Post by Skyes_crew »

Me and my flock will be weathering out a tropical storm over the next two days here in Hawaii. Don't know yet if the weather guys are making it out to be more than it really is. We will see soon enough. 12 hours until landfall so they say. Wish us luck :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

InTheAir

Re: Tropical Cyclone Flossie

Post by InTheAir »

I hope it's not too bad and you guys stay safe.

Btw I wonder who came up with that name. . It's as bad as namng a pet rabbit voldemort...
MissK

Post by MissK »

Wishing you the best! I get the bulk of my weather info here -
http://www.prh.noaa.gov/cphc/tc_graphic ... d=EP062013
-will be keeping an eye on you!

-MissK
-MissK
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

A human eye... not like, a storm's eye. :)
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Thanks guys :D the storm tracked a bit more north which puts us in its direct path. But the intensity has calmed down some. My rescue birds are in the garage looking at me like WTH???? They've never been inside before. I left the door open part way for them. I'm looking at it as an adventure. I precooked stuff for the birds like birdie bread and birdie cookies. The rain has started some, but we are in the calm before the storm phase. It's kind of eerie.

MissK

Post by MissK »

Enjoy as much of it as you can. I say that understanding I'm never gonna be in that situation here. My entire area freaked out last year with Hurricane Sandy. It was a big storm, sure, and the effects lasted a long time. I prepared my little zoo as best I could and hunkered down. I really enjoyed it, though, again acknowledging it was nothing to what can happen in your area. I viewed the storm as very much a living thing, and I do love living things.

-MissK
-MissK
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

We have survived the storm!!! Well I use the term storm loosely :lol: in my hunt for another degree I should have added meteorology. Seems like all you have to do is be right 50% of the time and you still get paid :mrgreen: I kid...but really, I have a few cases of water and batteries ill be selling on craigslist tomorrow for any who are interested :lol:

MissK

Post by MissK »

Dude, what about next week's storm?

-MissK
-MissK
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Oh...maybe I should hang on to them. We're in hurricane season until November. :oops:

Weather today is mostly cloudy, breezy with on and off rain being heavy at times. There is a 50% chance that I will go insane with these kids indoors one more day!!!!!!!!!!!!!