Double factor violet blue pallids?

Moderator: Mods

sottobosco

Double factor violet blue pallids?

Post by sottobosco »

Is there a visible difference in a double factor verses a single factor blue violet pallid? How anyone produced a df knowingly? Many thanks in advance!
sheyd

Re: Double factor violet blue pallids?

Post by sheyd »

I'd suspect it'd look much like my Pallid - you can see pics of her here: http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 26&t=16734

(she is not confirmed- will hopefully find out next year)
sottobosco

Post by sottobosco »

Thank you so much! I will be interested to hear how your breeding results turn out!
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

no worries.

The breeder has set up the Dark Violet hen (dam of my Pallid) to a Violet Blue Pallid cock- I'll be sure to update her results from this season.
mallee_1

Post by mallee_1 »

Hi,

You might be surprised, from my breeding results the df violetblue pallids tend to go a grey colour, the sf violet blue palid is the better looking bird. In saying that it depends upon the darkness in the pallid as some pallids are light and these will strip the colour out of the bird, so go with a dark colour pallid from the start and they might look a bit better.

I have started adding cobalt through them to help improve the colour and I think a df violet cobalt pallid should be a good looking bird. As well I am running the cobalt through Indigo and Emerald Pallids to see what they come out like.

Good luck with the breeding.

Regards Glenn
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Hi Glenn, would you be able to post some pics of your dfViolet Pallids or even of your Dark Violet Blue Pallids?
I have searched for such birds before and have always come up empty handed.
Cheers

Sotto- here are some pics I took today of my suspected sfDark sfViolet Blue Pallid in full morning sun:

sottobosco

Post by sottobosco »

She is quite striking! Thank you for taking the effort to photograph her!
madas

Post by madas »

sottobosco wrote:She is quite striking!
Yeah except for the the trimed wing. :(
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

madas wrote:
sottobosco wrote:She is quite striking!
Yeah except for the the trimed wing. :(
Thanks Sotto, my mother who knows nothing of Asiatic parrots refers to her as the "lilac one" :lol:
if you acquire a df Violet Pallid or Dark Violet Pallid you could return the favor (:

Madas, I can't take credit for that- she came home like that :wink: - was hoping it would moult out on her first moult- but will have to wait until the end of the year.