Indian ringneck appreciation

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

InTheAir

Indian ringneck appreciation

Post by InTheAir »

I just want to comment on how lucky we all are to have these awesome little birds adapt themselves into our lives so gracefully!

Barely an hour goes by in our house without Nele doing something to make us smile or laugh!

He makes boring things, like housework, exciting by doing his fighter jet impression and buzzing you as he passes. He even helps by clearing away any objects you have left on the table or the bench! (admittedly I do have to do a lot more housework since he has been here)
He made my really boring studies interesting yesterday by practising ice skating on my textbook.

Sometimes he even lets you win a race around the house by hovering behind you, instead of flying ahead.

And his rendition of his favourite song 'doing doing doing, what doing, goodboy doing' to any tune you put on is tops, especially the bird noise instrumental solos he does between lyrics!

He's so enthusiastic about having showers, you can almost overlook the fact that you are always coated in secondhand water that's been shaken out of a birds feathers when you exit the shower.
And the angry noise he makes when you leave him in the cage while you're cooking is pretty cute too.

But, seriously, he brightens up every day. Who ever has the bird with them on any given day invariably greets the other person in the evening with 'hey babe, Nele did the cutest thing today.....'

It's great to have a ringneck!
Skyes_crew

Re: Indian ringneck appreciation

Post by Skyes_crew »

who ever has the bird with them on any given day invariably greets the other person in the evening with 'hey babe, Nele did the cutest thing today.....'
Do you guys ever fight over daily custody :mrgreen:
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

InTheAir

Re: Indian ringneck appreciation

Post by InTheAir »

Usually only about 4 days a week :mrgreen: