Mazzie :)

Moderator: Mods

Mazziemom

Mazzie :)

Post by Mazziemom »

Just a couple of shots of my baby girl.

Mazzie with food beak. She loves pears and gets them all over :)

Helping my oldest son play video games. He's her second favorite person. She's been helping him for so many years that he doesnt even notice her little beak helping his fingers LOL.

Athena
julie

Post by julie »

nice pics.these birds just seem to blend in to what your doing.
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I love the yellow. :)
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Well Neo you dont have a Lutino.... it would really be the next logical addition....

*runs and hides*
-Chamon-

*mia*

Post by *mia* »

How cute :D Kalle like too sit on my brothers knee when he is watching tv :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Wow Mazzie is just gorgeous! More pics please! And if you don't mind...more of Alice for me :wink:

Dani and Prinny
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

LOL, Thank you, I think she's amazing. I'll have to see if I can get some of her being an acrobat, its adorable beyond belief, and shes the only IRN I've ever met who does it. I always wonder if others will too.

Alice pics eh?

Ok, I'll dig some up for you... ;)

Athena
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I got rid of a bunch of ringnecks this morning, none were tame tho. Two were lutino.
Buuut.. I dont need a lutino :) here's why

Yuki is starting to colour up a bit more :) Such a nice chooky. But I have a special place in my heart for Niamh, my friends lutino. The yellow birds have such personality.

Oh PS my next addition is going to be a Rainbow :)_ <-- it's drool
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Athena, Mazzie is adorable. I think it is amazing how tame she is, really puts to rest all those myths about Ringnecks not making great pets :D

Neo, the Creaminos are such amazing birds. Yuki is a beauty, can't wait till he is fully coloured :D
The Pastelblue Lacewings are nice birds as well, will you be getting one this season? :wink:
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I think I'll wait till next season. I dont think my breeder has any rainbow babies left. :/

Yuki has a great personality too, she's sooo friendly and always flies to me when I come into the room.
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Mazzie is really sweet, with Me, My oldest son... and my husband. Everyone else is biteable. :(

However, she wont chase people if they don't mess with her. She can hang out on us around strangers just fine and not bother them.

Buddy is my "super tame" IRN. He will go to anyone, if he's not in mating season.

They can be really great birds, once you give them the time and attention to do it.

Athena
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

Wow!!! Mazzie is really cute!!! I just recently got eyes for IRN and now I'm getting one in a month!!!
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Heres a shot of her that screams "Tame" LOL...

I've always picked my ringnecks up by their body (along with stepping them up) so they are used to it. She likes it so much she lies down in my hands for kisses.

Athena
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

It's hard to believe that it's the same mazzie from the article you wrote oh so long ago. I'm so glad your here to share your knowledge and experience.
julie

Post by julie »

that looks like indie without the ring but theres no way we could hold him like that. :twisted:
natalie

wow, does that bird know its a bird

Post by natalie »

Wow Wow WoW, have u ever told mazzie that she is a bird or does she truly believe she is a human baby, lol :lol: .
What a gr8 photos,she really is so pretty. And your son is so much like you. My kids also look so much like me, even i can see it. Anyway back to smaller bebies, i wish marley would be as relaxed as that. He gets so woried sometimes and it cant be healthy for him, mazzie on the other hand is so chilled and relaxed, hope ur proud. Love natalie xx :P
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Wow Mazziemom it is amazing that you took her from where she was so that pretty little bird in those pics. You have the patience of a saint! I've tamed down wild tiels and budgies but never anything bigger since Prinny is really my first 'larger' bird and she was hand raised. I am in awe... :wink:

Dani and Prinny
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

aww what a cute pic!
~the stubborn one~
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Mazzie was more than worth the effort and the bandaids.

I think all birds have a good baby inside, you just have to help them find it. Mazzie really wanted to be LOVED, and to give her love to someone, she just needed to trust me first.

For those of you who are trying to tame a bird... try taking their 100% favorite thing in the world and giving it to them all the time. I know, it sounds weird, but it works wonders.

Mazzie loves to bathe, she's part duck I think, and we would shower her 3 and 4 times a day at one point. She loved the water too much to hate us, so she learned to love us too.

Oh, and BTW, I can hold all my ringnecks that way. I do a lot of "hands on" work with them, literally. I wrap my hands around them all the time, so they are used to it when I need to do it. With babies or hand raised sweethearts its very very easy to train them to do, with more aggressive birds it is harder... but still possible.

Athena
natalie

Athena u must be kindhearted and the birds know it.

Post by natalie »

Thanks for the tips Athena, Marley does like his bath, i have to change his water 4 or 5 times in a day sometimes. Ive read others say the same about there babys, he often does it while im hoovering!! anyway when i see him in his water dish [i got a big one so he bath properly] i spray him with warm water and he loves it, but he decides when he wants it, he obviously isnt half duck :lol:
I'm not sure if its marleys age but sometimes he wants to be left alone to clamber around the cage, whistleing and chirpin to himself. If you approach him, in the normal way, you know 'hello marley sweety', if he doesnt wanna talk he does the ear piercing double sqauwk. :shock: not for the faint hearted. Doesnt do it to me as much as others :wink: I s'pose i've jus gotta be patient, he has done so well so far i cant knock him.He wasnt hand reared and hadnt had contact with humans other than irregular feeding so he has been really brave.Im proud of him. Thanks again. Natalie x
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx