sirius-malfoy ... afraid of skin?? help lol

Moderator: Mods

amaraatlanta

sirius-malfoy ... afraid of skin?? help lol

Post by amaraatlanta »

Hi all

Just a quick update, sirius-malfoy is coming on great in my opinion he/she perches and feeds on my hand but only if I am wearing a glove. If I have bare hand he wont approach but with the glove he steps up every time. :shock: :?

If I'm wearing sleeves he walks up my arm but if bare arms he stays on the glove :shock: :lol:

Is this normal?? is it possible he/she has had a bad experience in the past? he isn't afraid of us, he will come up to the front of the cage and walk around the room happy when he is out but just doesn't seem to like to touch skin :oops:

I am working with him/her daily and am just trying to get the best bond possible :roll: :D

Thanks

Sue

SUE

Owned by Sirius-Malfoy (IRN) Splodge and Omar (budgies) 5boys and a hubby lol
leo1955

Re: sirius-malfoy ... afraid of skin?? help lol

Post by leo1955 »

Remember that the key word to win the trust of our feathered friends is "PATIENCE". That is what I learned from this site and believe me, it worked for me and my Rich. I only have her for over a month ( I acquired her last March 1, 2013 and she was four months old then) as a totally untamed bird. I have been bitten several times to blood until I learned to wear gloves. Now, my gloves are just part of Rich's chewing materials, lol, coz I don't wear them anymore, and I enjoy Rich's company. She now loves to be cuddled which I first thought was nearly impossible as I observed her before. I almost lost hope that she could be tamed as she was totally afraid (or angry) of me. O, before I forget, Patience plus positive reinforcements, that is what I applied to gain her total trust. I know your are a bird lover and people like us, will do anything for our birds. good luck and congratulations for having an IRN, it is really worth the time and money.
The video below is my Rich, while we are at play today:
amaraatlanta

Re: sirius-malfoy ... afraid of skin?? help lol

Post by amaraatlanta »

Wow what a sweet little IRN you must be so pleased. :D

SUE

Owned by Sirius-Malfoy (IRN) Splodge and Omar (budgies) 5boys and a hubby lol